Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cannot Load Images To File Manager
Coquetryclubwear
post Dec 20 2015, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 675

As a client of Network Solutions for about 8 years, we have been mostly satisfied with this company. While our interactions with customer service department and techs have never been overwhelmingly good, the outages and issues we have experienced have typically been short lived (1-2 days). However, the issue we have experienced since Tuesday of last week, and the absolute ignorance of the people working for NetSol to resolve these issues, is making us question maintaining our relationship with Network Solutions. In short, we have not been able to load any new products on our Ecommerce site since Tuesday. After 2 days of CSR personnel and techs telling us nothing was wrong on the netsol side, we finally got someone to tell us that Network Solutions had an issue, and that our ticket would be forwarded to the engineers on Friday. Yesterday morning, despite providing the ticket # that was created on Friday which I thought would have contained all of the information needed to get them up to speed, we again had to re-explain what our issue was. We were then told that the issue would be escalated again. Yesterday afternoon, after receiving a voicemail with a number to call, and sitting on hold for over 35 minutes, I again had to explain our issue. At that point, I asked to speak to a supervisor. When the CSR person was in the process of connecting me with his supervisor, I asked if he had explained the situation to her. His response was yes. The next thing I had to do was explain to her what our issue was. She said that she would call me back in 30 minutes. When she did, I had to clarify our issue to her again, and her response was that she was escalating our ticket once more. This morning, the issue has still not been resolved. To date, I figure this issue has cost me at least $5000 in sales. For a big box retailer, this probably wouldn't be very noticeable. However, for a small company, this is disastrous.

In short, I am about to embark on another day of seemingly endless hold time and re-explaining to customer service personnel what our issue is.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this issue, but here it is..
We cannot load any image file larger than a thumbnail into the file manager. We can create new products, update orders, pretty much any other action, but if we try to load a photo it times out with a ERR CONNECTION TIME OUT which lasts for about 5-10 minutes. During this time we cannot access ANYTHING on the control side. For most companies this might not be so crushing, but we run a "made to order' clothing site, we load new images for every single custom order we create. This means that dozens of orders every day need new content loaded in order to make the sale. We have basically had to put our entire business on hold for SIX DAYS now!
It is not a browser issue, we regularly use chrome, but we have tried it on IE, Firefox, etc. The issue remains the same. It is not the operating system, we have tried it on several, old and new. It is not our connection or network, we tried that. Everything has been restarted, IP addresses renewed, caches cleared etc. Network Solutions confirmed that there was an issue, they duplicated it, and said it is a "Backbone issue".. But no word on when or if it will be fixed. Is anyone else experiencing this, or waiting for a fix?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ParkerYamaha
post Dec 21 2015, 10:31 AM
Post #2

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 2,078

1st you most likely will not get an answer or fix these days sad to say.

Are all your images in one folder? and if so is it large? as the folder is about worthless after 1000 images ( they dont mention this fact however)

we had to break ours down into lots of folders which was the only way years back we could get it to work, as we have maybe 20000 images or more

Just make some more folders , load some images and see if that helps, hope this helps your issue,

Dave
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 06:37 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates