nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Order Notification, Can I recieve an email when someone places an order?
Danjorg
post Apr 18 2010, 07:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 9,206

I was wondering if there was a way for me to be emailed each time someone placed an order on my site. I don't always want to be logging on just to see if someone placed an order. Does any one know how to do this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
loxalot
post Apr 18 2010, 10:07 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,617

I believe first you have to enter an Administrative email address in the Operations > Settings > General tab.

Now go to Sales > Order Statuses. Click Edit next to Payment Received. Check the box under Email Admin. Click Update. Do this for the other Order Statuses you want and that's it. Payment Received is the default for when a customer uses a credit card or PayPal. If you use GC, it will be only under Order Received.

+Quote Post
flightofone
post Apr 24 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,796

Just another idea -- but I have e-mail confirmations sent to the customer and the admin.
The admin e-mail we have set up is a Gmail account (yes, that has it's pros/cons too), however, you can setup filters in Gmail to send an e-mail to anyone else you'd like by filtering for all e-mail from your "orders@...." (where ever you have your order update e-mails coming from) combined with the subject "new order". Take your phone's e-mail address and you can even get text messages when you get a new order. This works great for us - and I don't think I've ever had a false positive (or whatever you call it? - a forward that wasn't a new order). Cheers.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 12:51 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates