nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Usps Flat Rate Shipping Not Given As An Option ... Why?
Dave99999999
post Sep 14 2010, 07:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 6,842

Here is a question. We use the USPS flat rate shipping option. We ship from FL 32771. One of my customers that wanted his order shipped to MI 49103 told me that flat rate shipping did not come up as an option during checkout. I tried placing a dummy order with his zip code and he was right. I set up the shipment online anyways and the USPS website allowed me to do it. Does anybody know why the ecommerce site didn't offer this as an option? Tks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sundialwire
post Sep 16 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,972

QUOTE (Dave99999999 @ Sep 14 2010, 08:46 AM) *
Here is a question. We use the USPS flat rate shipping option. We ship from FL 32771. One of my customers that wanted his order shipped to MI 49103 told me that flat rate shipping did not come up as an option during checkout. I tried placing a dummy order with his zip code and he was right. I set up the shipment online anyways and the USPS website allowed me to do it. Does anybody know why the ecommerce site didn't offer this as an option? Tks.

I have actually been glad that this doesn't come up because we can't tell if the products are going to fit in a flat rate box or not, so if the customer had the option, they would choose it and we might end up having to pay more in postage.

If you have products that are the same size and you can predict, it should be an option, but it certainly should not be an option unless the NS admin says they want it to appear.

That said, I wonder if it's the Post Office that isn't passing that info to NS?

Hilary
www.sundialwire.com

+Quote Post
lynn44
post Sep 16 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,842

QUOTE (Dave99999999 @ Sep 14 2010, 08:46 AM) *

You can enable any of the Flat Rate boxes via Operations/Shipping/and if you have USPS enabled, another tab will show up (Custom and USPS). If you select the USPS, you can select as many shipping options as you want and the order in which they should show up. Since I'm not able to use flat-rate due to varying size products, I created my own USPS under Custom, named it Priority Mail, and then put in the min/max weight with a base price + 2.50 per pound as it looks like that is about how the post office calculates weight, and I used the farthest distance from me, Oregon, Washington state, to determine the base rate on 1 lb package.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 06:40 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates