Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Variations Possibility?
BelQuette
post Aug 18 2011, 09:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 9,660

I'm trying to work on variations in our cart and I just don't think it's possible for what I want to do. Here is the scenario:

One of our products we sell is ink for textile inkjet printers. It is quantity based pricing and we have 2 bag sizes, 250ml and 500ml. Both products are tied together as far as sales go. So the pricing is as follows:

1 - 250ml bag of ink (regardless of color) is $85
2 - 250ml bags of ink is $80 each
3 - 250ml bags of ink is $75 each
4+ - 250ml bags of ink is $70 each

1 - 500ml bag of ink is $160
2+ 500ml bags of ink is $140 each

So the combination goes like this, if you buy 1 liter of ink, regardless of color or bag size, the price is $240 per liter. The same goes for smaller quantities, for example, 1 bag of 500ml white ink and 1 bag of 250ml black ink would be the 3 bag pricing according to the 250ml quantity. So the final price would be $225.

I've created variations to get the pricing to work for the 250 ml pricing and color, but when you add the 500ml bags to the mix, it just doesn't work. I'm trying to figure out how to have any kind of discounts available that would reflect accordingly, but I'm just stumped. I tried indicating that if someone wants a 500ml bag, to choose 2 of that quantity and I had a radio button that they select 250ml or 500ml, but that gets too confusing.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to get this to work properly? Since we have an online merchant account, their credit card gets captured for the wrong amount. So when we go to adjust the pricing, it captures it again for the correct amount. So it's just a problem that needs fixed.

Thanks in advance....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 01:01 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates