Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adding Pinterest To Pages
loxalot
post Feb 1 2015, 07:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 2,617

I'm confused. I try adding the Pinterest button but it doesn't appear when I use the built-in Add This option but Facebook shows up, that is until an option is selected then the FB button disappears and still no pinterest.

I've tried adding it manually but when you try to pin something it doesn't recognize the product photo.

How do I add pinterest pin button to my product pages?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Feb 1 2015, 07:57 AM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 19,888

loxalot,

Are you trying to get a pinterest share logo to appear with the other AddThis buttons or are you looking for something like a "pin on hover" sort of functionality?

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Feb 4 2015, 11:55 AM
Post #3

Did you ever determine a solution? If so i'd love to know what you ended up doing!

+Quote Post
loxalot
post Feb 22 2015, 03:59 PM
Post #4

I never received notice that this post was back up Ian.

I have not found a solution. I'm wanting to put the Pinterest button somewhere on the product details page so that anyone can Pin a product photo if they desire, with a link back to our site of course.

They should be able to Pin a photo even if the photo is assigned to a variation or set of variations, even though the variation photos that come up are all thumbnails only and have no option to show the large version like you can before selecting any variation.

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Feb 22 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #5

loxalot,

Are you familiar with JavaScript? You can use the nsScript <%Product.ImageObject%> (if that doesn't work, try this: <%ProductImageObject%>) to product a object that contains image details for your product. This will allow you to access the assigned images even if a variation is chosen.

It sounds like you're wanting to implement Rich pins, which you can do by following the instructions on Pinterest's page here:

https://developers.pinterest.com/rich_pins_product/

For best results, you'll probably want to use the oEmbed or Schema.org markup methods. Really there's no disadvantage to using one method over the other, its just for convenience.

(Be sure to read the overview regarding how to apply for Rich Pins, here: https://developers.pinterest.com/rich_pins_overview/)

Also, if you'd like to have it done for you, there's always the option of contacting us. So if you want to try it yourself and have some questions or want some feedback I would encourage you to do so.

Reminder:

You'll need do some customizations that require knowledge of HTML and JavaScript to properly setup in addition to some nsScripts at the product layout level.

+Quote Post
loxalot
post Feb 23 2015, 11:58 AM
Post #6

Thanks. I'm not sure which way I want to go right now but I appreciate the input.

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Feb 23 2015, 12:03 PM
Post #7

No worries! Just let me know if you have any questions either way and I'll do my best to help you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 06:24 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates