Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Discount Or Coupon Codes One Time Use Per Customer
moevb
post Aug 4 2017, 08:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 6,330

Hi,

I'm wanting to offer customers 10% off on their next purchase. However, I don't want to have to create a unique coupon code for every visitor. Is there a way to create one coupon code that can only be used once per customer? I know how to create a coupon code that can only be used once. But I would like several customers to be able to use the same coupon code but only once per customer. Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Thanks!

Moe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ParkerYamaha
post Aug 4 2017, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,078

Sorry no way to do that here
Dave

QUOTE (moevb @ Aug 4 2017, 06:29 AM) *
Hi,

I'm wanting to offer customers 10% off on their next purchase. However, I don't want to have to create a unique coupon code for every visitor. Is there a way to create one coupon code that can only be used once per customer? I know how to create a coupon code that can only be used once. But I would like several customers to be able to use the same coupon code but only once per customer. Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Thanks!

Moe

+Quote Post
moevb
post Aug 4 2017, 11:54 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (ParkerYamaha @ Aug 4 2017, 12:36 PM) *
Sorry no way to do that here
Dave

Thanks Dave! That's what I assumed. The longer that we use Network Solutions the more limitations that we find. It's really tying our hands. Looking at our competitions sites they are able to do things that we are not. Oh well, back to the head scratching. :-) Thank you!

+Quote Post
ParkerYamaha
post Aug 4 2017, 12:07 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,078

Frankly we have done a code ( with exp date however) and just figured hey if they use it over and over who cares.
its sales and repeat customers keep using it thats fine.
Since we manually re-enter all orders into our main store system repeat customers are faster to process since they are already loaded.

Many times we did a total % off sale anyway, or different coupon code at Retail Me Not with a total % off, so we stopped stressing on the issue, NOW if we have a reason to give a specific customer a special one time discount then we do that for them with a personal code.

So really its kindof a win win anyway

Dave

FYI, Make sure the codes dont work together! we did that once, cust used his and then another one we had running and got a real nice discount ( for him anyway not us! )

+Quote Post
moevb
post Aug 4 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (ParkerYamaha @ Aug 4 2017, 01:07 PM) *
Frankly we have done a code ( with exp date however) and just figured hey if they use it over and over who cares.
its sales and repeat customers keep using it thats fine.
Since we manually re-enter all orders into our main store system repeat customers are faster to process since they are already loaded.

Many times we did a total % off sale anyway, or different coupon code at Retail Me Not with a total % off, so we stopped stressing on the issue, NOW if we have a reason to give a specific customer a special one time discount then we do that for them with a personal code.

So really its kindof a win win anyway

Dave

FYI, Make sure the codes dont work together! we did that once, cust used his and then another one we had running and got a real nice discount ( for him anyway not us! )

Dave,

Our margins in our market are very low. So we wanted to offer each customer a one time usage only coupon code when shipping eBay and Amazon orders to try to funnel everyone to our website. The way Network Solutions is setup this is a big hindrance to us. We offer very low prices up front as opposed to offering coupons to get a lower price. We were willing to take a one time hit per customer just to get customers from eBay and Amazon converted to our website. I'll have to try to come up with another evil plan. :-D I do appreciate your insight.

Thanks!

Moe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 09:59 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates