nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hide Background Image In Wysiwyg Editor?
alaity47
post Jan 13 2015, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 23,642

Hi guys,

I've got a background image that's rather dark, and when trying to edit pages using the WYSIWYG editor it's almost impossible to see what I'm doing because the image is included in the display.

Is there a way to hide it in the editor so that I'm just doing my edits on a blank background?

Simplest workaround is to switch to html-editing mode, which is great for me but less awesome for my client who's not as comfortable outside of the WYSIWYG.

Thanks,
Anastasia

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Jan 13 2015, 02:36 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 19,888

Anastasia,

Thanks for your post. This should be a simple CSS based solution. To better assist you, can you advise which of your stores you're having this issue with?

+Quote Post
alaity47
post Jan 13 2015, 02:40 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (ecomIanS @ Jan 13 2015, 02:36 PM) *
Anastasia,

Thanks for your post. This should be a simple CSS based solution. To better assist you, can you advise which of your stores you're having this issue with?

Well our site appears to be down again (it was down from Saturday night until Sunday afternoon as well) so you might have a hard time poking at it.

http://03be437.netsolstores.com/

It's using one of the templates, to which I've uploaded a page background image.

So now I guess I have two issues (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
alaity47
post Jan 13 2015, 09:23 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (ecomIanS @ Jan 13 2015, 03:36 PM) *
Anastasia,

Ok, site is finally back online so I can tell you that we're at:

http://03be437.netsolstores.com/

We started out with the 'Jeans and Co' template and modified the header/footer, and uploaded our own image as the 'page background'. That's the image that gets in the way when editing with the WYSIWYG editor (screenshot attached)

(IMG:https://03be437.netsolstores.com/images/wysiwyg.jpg)

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Jan 14 2015, 11:46 AM
Post #5

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 19,888

Thanks for your post.

Simple solutions here, two options:

If you want to keep using the Advanced Editor:

Just to setup the page background manually and remove the designation via the MCP.

You can remove the page background and insert this code into the Global <HEAD> tags area for your site design:

<style>
body {
background: url('/themes/default/images/layout/bg_jlaity3.1.jpg') no-repeat center top;
}
</style>

If you don't care about using the Advanced Editor....

You can switch to the Basic Editor which doesn't have this issue. I honestly don't like the basic editor because of its lack of features compared to advanced, but its just personal preference.

Why does this happen anyways?

The advanced WYSIWYG will pull in certain styles (such as backgrounds) when they're setup elsewhere in the MCP. This can sometimes cause the issue you've described, in which case you'd want to use one of the two workarounds above.

Either one of these should sort you out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 07:27 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates