Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mobile Design Limitations
Keith
post Mar 9 2015, 05:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 2,372

I recently came across a thread (see below) where one of the moderators talked about the fact that you can create a responsive style design for mobile with the NetSol platform. Has anyone had any success with the mobile function of the platform? I do not currently use this functionality due to the limitations.

http://forums.networksolutions.com/nscomme...10620-st25.html

Thanks for any help.

Keith
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Mar 9 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 19,888

Keith,

I recall you mentioning you were working with a web developer in house, correct? Is this person familiar with front-end design techniques?

If so, I would ask this person to examine the site markup on a blank site design (with the default stylesheet disabled). This will enable you to use all of your own CSS, although you'll still need to work within the structure of the cart in a few areas.

Creating a Blank Site Design (for custom theme development)

1. Login to the MCP and go to Design-->Site Design
2. Create a new site design. The name you give the design when first creating it will be the name of the theme folder that is created.
3. Once the theme is made, go to Colors, Fonts, & General Style settings and check the box that reads "Disable the default stylesheet" at the bottom of the first page. Click Save.
4. Lastly, don't choose a template at all. You can skip this step and input all of your own HTML for the header/footer sections and so on.

Note: If you're using a responsive design you'll want to make sure you don't use the Mobile Design option. This should be disabled to insure customers are seeing the proper theme.

Also, you'll need to preview the design in order to see the version live on your storefront.

From here, you can now add your own code to create your own theme. Again if your developer knows front-end responsive development then that person would just need to look at the default HTML structure (i.e. the stuff you can't change) to get an idea of how to setup their code.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Mar 12 2015, 05:16 PM
Post #3

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 19,888

Did you all ever get something figured out?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 07:18 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates