Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Overriding Custom Css Fonts
moevb
post Jun 26 2014, 09:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 6,330

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to override a specific font instead of disabling the entire default style sheet? Specifically I would like to use my own fonts for Pager Header Links. I have two sections in my header with links. I would like for them to each have their own fonts.

Thanks!

Moe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Jun 26 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 19,888

QUOTE (moevb @ Jun 26 2014, 10:55 AM) *
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to override a specific font instead of disabling the entire default style sheet? Specifically I would like to use my own fonts for Pager Header Links. I have two sections in my header with links. I would like for them to each have their own fonts.

Thanks!

Moe

You can use your own CSS to do such overrides, you just need to make the selector more specific than the rule that's being overriden.

My question is this: If you're doing a custom design, why would you want to use the default stylesheet? If you're doing that level of customization and it's just for you, it might make more sense just to use your own styles.

+Quote Post
moevb
post Jun 26 2014, 02:24 PM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 6,330

QUOTE (ecomIanS @ Jun 26 2014, 02:55 PM) *
You can use your own CSS to do such overrides, you just need to make the selector more specific than the rule that's being overriden.

My question is this: If you're doing a custom design, why would you want to use the default stylesheet? If you're doing that level of customization and it's just for you, it might make more sense just to use your own styles.

Thanks for the reply. I've sent you a PM with a more thorough explanation. Thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 10:30 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates