Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Add A Cname Record, Add a CNAME Record to DNS info with alternate Registrar
WebSiteBeacon
post Jul 15 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 4,782

I have my domain at a different registrar and host with Network Solutions. When I try to add a CNAME to my the DNS supplied by NetSol, it only lets me alter DNS records of urls registered with them. I can't affect these records with Total DNS thru my registrar because all domain records point to NetSol. Anyone knw how I can add a CNAME Record for my subdomain? BTW, I had no problem pointing my subdomain to the proper folder on my hosting account.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Jul 16 2009, 07:33 AM
Post #2

Network Solutions Technical Support

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,316

QUOTE (WebSiteBeacon @ Jul 15 2009, 09:35 PM) *
I have my domain at a different registrar and host with Network Solutions. When I try to add a CNAME to my the DNS supplied by NetSol, it only lets me alter DNS records of urls registered with them. I can't affect these records with Total DNS thru my registrar because all domain records point to NetSol. Anyone knw how I can add a CNAME Record for my subdomain? BTW, I had no problem pointing my subdomain to the proper folder on my hosting account.

When you have your domain registered at another registrar there is no functionality to edit the Network Solutions NameServers assigned to that domain. If you need to add custom DNS records, you must use your registrar's DNS and point it to your Network Solutions hosting package using A-Records/CNAMES and then make any modifications needed.

+Quote Post
WebSiteBeacon
post Jul 16 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 4,782

Thanx Corey. I Was afraid of that. So, I guess I will have to clear my NetSol DNS servers from the registrar, use the registrars Total DNS controls, and manually add the A Records, CNAME Records and MX Records.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 09:27 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates