Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Admin Panel Access
ricosal
post Jun 27 2011, 11:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 14,353

Was looking for some help. I cannot seem to access my admin panel (under Joomla). I have setup joomla 1.6 directory as "mydomainname"\cms". "mydomainname" is registered with GoDaddy and I have also setup the dns names with them. When I select ADMIN PANEL under the manage option, I end up at the GoDaddy site asking me if I own this domain name.

The is my second domain name that I have setup with the first working fine, however, the first is using the Netsol03xxx address vs my domain name address. Can someone help?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CarpeNoctumDC
post Jun 27 2011, 12:50 PM
Post #2

Group: Validating
Member No.: 9,227

QUOTE (ricosal @ Jun 27 2011, 11:15 AM) *
Was looking for some help. I cannot seem to access my admin panel (under Joomla). I have setup joomla 1.6 directory as "mydomainname"\cms". "mydomainname" is registered with GoDaddy and I have also setup the dns names with them. When I select ADMIN PANEL under the manage option, I end up at the GoDaddy site asking me if I own this domain name.

The is my second domain name that I have setup with the first working fine, however, the first is using the Netsol03xxx address vs my domain name address. Can someone help?

On GoDaddy did you poing your domain to Network Solutoins? It sounds like you still have the DNS pointed to GoDaddy....

You should have registered your domain through godaddy, then setup your domain at network solutoins...
After setting up the domain/directory pointers at network solutions, it gives you a page with the NetSol nameservers to point your domain to if you wanted NetSol to handle DNS...

If you didnt want NetSol to handle DNS, the bottom of that same page had the information for updating your DNS at your provider (GoDaddy) with the appropriate records to point your domain to NetSol...

You should be able to go to "Manage Account" (and/or login to Netsol)
Click on "My Hosting Packages"
Next to your domain name (on the line for the domain/directory pointer) you should see a link for "View DNS"

Top half is the domain servers if you wanted NetSol to handle DNS... You can either update GoDaddy with these (if you want to handle everything through NetSol..)

Or

The bottom half has the A records needed to point your domain... If you also want NetSol to handle your email you will also need to update the MX records (although if you are using NetSol for everything - hosting / email / etc... it may be easier to just use the NetSol nameservers...

At minimum you will need to login to GoDaddy and make sure your domain (and/or subdomain - whatever you are wanting to point to NetSol) is actually pointed to netsol..

-=- George

+Quote Post
ricosal
post Jun 27 2011, 02:23 PM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 14,353

QUOTE (CarpeNoctumDC @ Jun 27 2011, 12:50 PM) *
On GoDaddy did you poing your domain to Network Solutoins? It sounds like you still have the DNS pointed to GoDaddy....

You should have registered your domain through godaddy, then setup your domain at network solutoins...
After setting up the domain/directory pointers at network solutions, it gives you a page with the NetSol nameservers to point your domain to if you wanted NetSol to handle DNS...

If you didnt want NetSol to handle DNS, the bottom of that same page had the information for updating your DNS at your provider (GoDaddy) with the appropriate records to point your domain to NetSol...

You should be able to go to "Manage Account" (and/or login to Netsol)
Click on "My Hosting Packages"
Next to your domain name (on the line for the domain/directory pointer) you should see a link for "View DNS"

Top half is the domain servers if you wanted NetSol to handle DNS... You can either update GoDaddy with these (if you want to handle everything through NetSol..)

Or

The bottom half has the A records needed to point your domain... If you also want NetSol to handle your email you will also need to update the MX records (although if you are using NetSol for everything - hosting / email / etc... it may be easier to just use the NetSol nameservers...

At minimum you will need to login to GoDaddy and make sure your domain (and/or subdomain - whatever you are wanting to point to NetSol) is actually pointed to netsol..

-=- George

Thanks George, I logged on to GoDAddy and for some reason the DNS settings did not take and were still the old settings. I updated and all is working as expected. sometimes it is the obvious things that are overlooked. thanks!

+Quote Post
CarpeNoctumDC
post Jun 29 2011, 04:15 PM
Post #4

Group: Validating
Member No.: 9,227

QUOTE (ricosal @ Jun 27 2011, 01:23 PM) *
Thanks George, I logged on to GoDAddy and for some reason the DNS settings did not take and were still the old settings. I updated and all is working as expected. sometimes it is the obvious things that are overlooked. thanks!

For new and transfered domains, GoDaddy often does weird things with DNS... A lot more flexible options, but you have to stay on top if it in the beginning...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 03:20 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates