Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Create Subdomain
rudraraj
post Jan 20 2009, 03:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 3,548

Hi,

Any one can help me .. how can i create a subdomain under networksolutions? i have added a folder, but i need the subdomain should be accessed as >> subdomain.main_domain.com

-Rudraraj
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Duane_*
post Jan 21 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE (rudraraj @ Jan 20 2009, 04:01 PM) *
Hi,

Any one can help me .. how can i create a subdomain under networksolutions? i have added a folder, but i need the subdomain should be accessed as >> subdomain.main_domain.com

-Rudraraj

You can create a sub domain from within your Account Manager.
  • go to Web Hosting / Manage Web Hosting
  • Press Assign New button
  • Enter subdomain and select domain and the folder it points to
  • Press Select
This will add the new subdomain as you requested

+Quote Post
BoatersOutlet
post Feb 17 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,049

QUOTE (Duane @ Jan 21 2009, 12:54 PM) *
You can create a sub domain from within your Account Manager.
  • go to Web Hosting / Manage Web Hosting
  • Press Assign New button
  • Enter subdomain and select domain and the folder it points to
  • Press Select
This will add the new subdomain as you requested

I have just transferred our domain to Network Solutions. I created blog.boatersoutlet.com and it is working properly now. Now I have a "Locals Only" page on our website currently at www.boatersoutlet.com/utah. How would I create a subdomain pointing to this page, but accessed by typing utah.boatersoutlet.com?
Thanks again!

+Quote Post
EngineerMonster
post Feb 17 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #4

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 4

Hi boatersoutlet,

You would do this the same way as you had before. Simply go to the web hosting >> manage section, click assign new and then enter in the subdomain of utah, domain of boatersoutlet.com and then set the directory to /htdocs/utah if htdocs is the main directory.

Joe

+Quote Post
BoatersOutlet
post Feb 17 2009, 03:27 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,049

Thanks Joe. I don't have a "Manage" section under web hosting. When I set up the blog, I had to enter the numerical IP address in the advanced DNS settings. So I am a little lost on doing it with a page I can't get an IP for.

+Quote Post
EngineerMonster
post Feb 17 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #6

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 4

Hi BoatersOutlet,

Are you using networksolutions hosting for your blog or for the site www.boatersoutlet.com/utah? If not then there really isn't a way to do this with dns management.

Basically you would have to create the subdomain and point it to whatever hosting package you have some place. Then on that hosting package you will have to setup the redirection in either your hosting providers settings or via a javascript redirect of some time.

Update - I noticed you are using networksolutions ecommerce package. There is not a way to do this with the ecommerce package, note they are not the same as network solutions hosting packages. If you would like to accomplish something like this you would need to purchase a new hosting package and then you can host all subdomains for your states on that package. For info on hosting packages -
http://www.networksolutions.com/web-hosting/index.jsp

Joe

+Quote Post
Adudoc
post Jan 21 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,303

I followed your instructions above and it keeps telling me: You can only enter the parent domain name here. Then go back to hosting details to add the subdomain. What am I missing here?

+Quote Post
Susan013
post Jan 22 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #8

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,342

QUOTE (Adudoc @ Jan 21 2010, 02:09 PM) *
I followed your instructions above and it keeps telling me: You can only enter the parent domain name here. Then go back to hosting details to add the subdomain. What am I missing here?

To add the subdomain:
  • nsHosting
  • Click on the package you intend to assign the domain to
  • Click on assign new.
  • In the first box (right after the http://) enter the subdomain
  • In the next box choose the domain from the list, or choose a domain that is not listed
  • From the final drop down choose the directory you would like to point the domain to and click select
  • If you have chosen a domain not listed, you will not be prompted to enter the domain and click continue

If you still need help please post the subdomain you are attempting to create as well as the package you'd like to point it to and we will assist you further.

I hope that helps,

+Quote Post
Kasem
post Mar 7 2010, 02:41 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 4,424

i Tried the same for Sub Domain but when click on Assign i see this message.
( The domain you are about to assign has been configured with advanced DNS tools. By assigning the domain, you will lose all current DNS settings. )
tell me what should i do ?? i dont understand but i dont want to disturb my other Original Website settings.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:54 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates