Rating 4 V
MSayed
post May 24 2016, 06:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 24,864

Dears,
i have an issue in hosting my website as :
i have purchased a domain name from NS along time ago to use it in my emails.
when we configure our mail provider they change Name Server to there name.
NOW .. we purchase a hosting package from NS to host our site.
when i try to assign my domain name to my hosting it says that " there a customization in this dns ....." and it will transfer the Name Server back to NS , as if this happen my mails will be down .
Notice: i just need to point subdomain demo.domain.com to my hosting on networksolution.

Is there any solution for this ? or what can i do so my mails not disconnected ?!?!?!?!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post May 24 2016, 09:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (MSayed @ May 24 2016, 07:19 AM) *
Dears,
i have an issue in hosting my website as :
i have purchased a domain name from NS along time ago to use it in my emails.
when we configure our mail provider they change Name Server to there name.
NOW .. we purchase a hosting package from NS to host our site.
when i try to assign my domain name to my hosting it says that " there a customization in this dns ....." and it will transfer the Name Server back to NS , as if this happen my mails will be down .
Notice: i just need to point subdomain demo.domain.com to my hosting on networksolution.

Is there any solution for this ? or what can i do so my mails not disconnected ?!?!?!?!

You have 2 options:
Set up the DNS entries for your email on our name servers.
Point your domain name back to the name servers from your hosting provider and add the DNS entries for the hosting on their name servers.

As long as you set up the DNS entries for the email on our name servers immediately after assigning the domain name, there will likely not be an interruption of your email service. Doing it during an off-hours time period should minimize any effect.

+Quote Post
MSayed
post May 25 2016, 01:36 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Craig @ May 24 2016, 09:14 PM) *
Point your domain name back to the name servers from your hosting provider and add the DNS entries for the hosting on their name servers.

thank you for your valiable reply but sorry i don't catch what you mean by this .

after i transfer the name server to networksolution , i will add all my dns records again . but i don't understand what you mean by add dns entries for hosting to their name servers..

+Quote Post
Craig
post May 25 2016, 04:37 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (MSayed @ May 25 2016, 02:36 AM) *
thank you for your valiable reply but sorry i don't catch what you mean by this .

after i transfer the name server to networksolution , i will add all my dns records again . but i don't understand what you mean by add dns entries for hosting to their name servers..

If you are going to use the other company's name servers, you would need to add the A Records to point your website to our servers.

+Quote Post
MSayed
post May 25 2016, 04:55 AM
Post #5

ok i have allready add an A record to point mysite to your server as demo.saudisoft.com but when i try to browes to it it gives me :

CODE
PAGE NOT FOUND

We cannot locate the page you're looking for. Please check the address and make sure all letters are lowercased with no spaces.

while when i browse to the link provided xxx.netsolhost.com it opens my site ... ? so what i missing !?

notice: when i ftp to demo.saudisoft.com and login i can manage my ftp account simply , so i think the pointing work good in ftp but not in http.

+Quote Post
Craig
post May 25 2016, 05:36 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (MSayed @ May 25 2016, 05:55 AM) *
ok i have allready add an A record to point mysite to your server as demo.saudisoft.com but when i try to browes to it it gives me :

CODE
PAGE NOT FOUND

We cannot locate the page you're looking for. Please check the address and make sure all letters are lowercased with no spaces.

while when i browse to the link provided xxx.netsolhost.com it opens my site ... ? so what i missing !?

notice: when i ftp to demo.saudisoft.com and login i can manage my ftp account simply , so i think the pointing work good in ftp but not in http.

It won't work until you assign the domain name. The server doesn't know what folder on the server to use until the domain name is assigned.

+Quote Post
MSayed
post May 25 2016, 05:42 AM
Post #7

but when i assign the domain it will change the name server and that what i don't need .
i need to assign my domain to my hosting here without changing name server , can i do this ?

+Quote Post
Craig
post May 25 2016, 06:01 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (MSayed @ May 25 2016, 06:42 AM) *
but when i assign the domain it will change the name server and that what i don't need .
i need to assign my domain to my hosting here without changing name server , can i do this ?

You must assign the domain name for it to work. You can change the name servers back after doing so.

+Quote Post
MSayed
post May 25 2016, 06:13 AM
Post #9

ok last question..
if i assign my domain name , is this will move the name server automatically or just will assign the domain without any changes in my records???

+Quote Post
Craig
post May 25 2016, 09:33 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (MSayed @ May 25 2016, 07:13 AM) *
ok last question..
if i assign my domain name , is this will move the name server automatically or just will assign the domain without any changes in my records???

Assigning the domain name will move your DNS to worldnic.com name servers and add A Records for www, @ (domain without www) and * (wildcard). If you create mailboxes on our system it will add CNAMES for mail. and smtp., update the MX record and add an autodiscover SRV record (any matching A Records or Cnames would also be removed if they exist).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 05:13 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates