Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Add New Module Error - Object Ref Not Set
dcaparaso
post Apr 5 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 12,103

I'm trying to add a .ascx user control as a module. The module works fine on my development machine. When I attempted to manually copy the controls, code, and change the web.config file, the module appears to create just fine, no errors, but when I add it to the page, I get DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I then tried to create the install package from my dev machine and install the zip on the production site, again, module installs properly, get the same error when adding to the page.

So I then attempted a simple ascx control with just Hello World text, I get the same error when trying to add my module to a page.

My dev machine is running IIS on Windows 7, my prod site is hosted by Network Solutions.

Any ideas on where to troubleshoot? Here's my full error message for my hello.ascx test

ModuleId: 500
ModuleDefId: 120
FriendlyName:
ModuleControlSource: DesktopModules/NSNLookup/hello.ascx
AssemblyVersion: 5.6.1
PortalID: 1
PortalName: Isodyne Inc.
UserID: 3
UserName: dcaparaso
ActiveTabID: 159
ActiveTabName: Test Page
RawURL: /TestPage.aspx
AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx
AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://www.isodyneinc.com/TestPage/tabid/1...it/Default.aspx
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)
DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
ExceptionGUID: 3899aa89-093d-4141-8171-2139f79328fd
InnerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
FileName:
FileLineNumber: 0
FileColumnNumber: 0
Method: DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleHost.LoadModuleControl
StackTrace:
Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleHost.LoadModuleControl() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
Source:
Server Name: W2K3-WEB61

Thanks,
David
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 07:25 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates