Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dnn Upgrade Now Errors, upgrade attempt, revert to backup now error
happening
post Jun 18 2015, 01:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 24,195

Hi all. we were informed that our DNN needed upgrading. I attempted to do so, there was an issue, the update didn't work right. we reverted, but that now doesn't work. We get the following error.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'DotNetNuke.HttpModules' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (\\WDP\DFS\45\3\5\1\4539755153\user\sites\1482529.site\www\web.config line 111) I am thinking restore the .DLL file from a backup that we downloaded before the site got screwy. Any thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jun 22 2015, 01:29 AM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (happening @ Jun 18 2015, 02:25 AM) *
Hi all. we were informed that our DNN needed upgrading. I attempted to do so, there was an issue, the update didn't work right. we reverted, but that now doesn't work. We get the following error.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'DotNetNuke.HttpModules' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (\\WDP\DFS\45\3\5\1\4539755153\user\sites\1482529.site\www\web.config line 111) I am thinking restore the .DLL file from a backup that we downloaded before the site got screwy. Any thoughts?

The settings in the /www/web.config were causing problems. The web.config in the folder where DNN is installed also needed to have the MS SQL server address updated. Once I fixed this, the login page now resolves.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 24th May 2017 - 04:25 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates