nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installing Dotnetnuke (dnn) On Network Solutions Documentation, Installing DotNetNuke (DNN) on Network Solutions Documentation
Rating 5 V
narrowgate
post Mar 12 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 3,189

I’m so glad that Network Solutions has added a DotNetNuke specific forum. The one thing you find not only with Network Solutions, but many hosting providers, is lack of documentation on properly installing and configuring DotNetNuke/DNN.

To help document my own procedures when installing DNN on a Network Solutions hosting package I have put together 30 Steps to Successfully Installing DotNetNuke on a Network Solutions Shared Hosting Package.

This document may help answer some of your questions regarding properly configuring DNN for the best performance and long term success of your DotNetNuke portals.

Below are some of the items I address:
• Installing DotNetNuke
• Changing the Host and Admin Passwords
• Moving the installation to the Root folder for improved URL’s and SEO
• Enabling the Human Friendly Url’s
• Performance Settings to make your DNN site run faster
• Enabling daily Website Backups
• Enabling daily Database Backups

Read 30 Steps to Successfully Installing DotNetNuke on a Network Solutions Shared Hosting Package

What has been your recent experience with Network Solutions and DNN?

Share with me any additional advice or recommendations on improving the base installation of DotNetNuke on Network Solutions.

Charles Self
Narrow Gate Solutions

www.narrowgatesolutions.com
dotnetnuke.narrowgatesolutions.com - DNN Related Resources
twitter.com/chuckself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jseidell
post May 22 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,802

Excellent post, I could not get any of my domain names to properly redirect into DNN until I followed your guidelines. Then everything was running smoothly. Unfortunately, I did this several weeks ago so I can't remember if there was anything else I had to do to get it running that was overlooked, but obviously not anything too difficult because I got it up and running.

Thanks!

Jason S
SolidSnake

+Quote Post
dcaparaso
post Dec 13 2010, 12:24 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,103

What do you recommend when after the base installation of DNN results in an IIS error that won't even allow the DNN framework to run, "Could not create Windows user token from the credentials specified in the config file. Error from the operating system 'Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
"

I've got a ticket in with NS already and its escalated, but they're dragging their feet to no avail.

David

QUOTE (narrowgate @ Mar 12 2009, 06:33 PM) *
I’m so glad that Network Solutions has added a DotNetNuke specific forum. The one thing you find not only with Network Solutions, but many hosting providers, is lack of documentation on properly installing and configuring DotNetNuke/DNN.

To help document my own procedures when installing DNN on a Network Solutions hosting package I have put together 30 Steps to Successfully Installing DotNetNuke on a Network Solutions Shared Hosting Package.

This document may help answer some of your questions regarding properly configuring DNN for the best performance and long term success of your DotNetNuke portals.

Below are some of the items I address:
• Installing DotNetNuke
• Changing the Host and Admin Passwords
• Moving the installation to the Root folder for improved URL’s and SEO
• Enabling the Human Friendly Url’s
• Performance Settings to make your DNN site run faster
• Enabling daily Website Backups
• Enabling daily Database Backups

Read 30 Steps to Successfully Installing DotNetNuke on a Network Solutions Shared Hosting Package

What has been your recent experience with Network Solutions and DNN?

Share with me any additional advice or recommendations on improving the base installation of DotNetNuke on Network Solutions.

Charles Self
Narrow Gate Solutions

www.narrowgatesolutions.com
dotnetnuke.narrowgatesolutions.com - DNN Related Resources
twitter.com/chuckself

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 12:23 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates