Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Address Bar Logo, Adding logo to Address bar
Sc13579
post Jan 15 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 19,897

I am trying to add an address bar logo to my web page using the website builder tool. My research indicates that i simply need to upload a 16X16 graphic saved as an Icon, saved on the website as favicon.ico and the browser will do the rest. Unfortunately, the NS website builder tool doesn't allow the upload of files with the extension of ICO. Any thoughts or suggestions on a work around?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mdsource
post Jan 15 2013, 06:47 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 102

QUOTE (Sc13579 @ Jan 15 2013, 01:06 PM) *
I am trying to add an address bar logo to my web page using the website builder tool. My research indicates that i simply need to upload a 16X16 graphic saved as an Icon, saved on the website as favicon.ico and the browser will do the rest. Unfortunately, the NS website builder tool doesn't allow the upload of files with the extension of ICO. Any thoughts or suggestions on a work around?

Have NS load a "default" favicon.ico file into your root folder. They might want money for doing this!

+Quote Post
dmgatwork
post Dec 8 2013, 11:59 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,968

Did you get this resolved? It can be done, you should be able to ftp your ico file to the htdocs directory. I did add one for my site www. It has been a while and I've forgotten if there was more to it than that. www.shhsmemories.com

+Quote Post
ArmyNavy
post Dec 9 2013, 07:26 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,509

QUOTE (dmgatwork @ Dec 8 2013, 11:59 AM) *
Did you get this resolved? It can be done, you should be able to ftp your ico file to the htdocs directory. I did add one for my site www. It has been a while and I've forgotten if there was more to it than that. www.shhsmemories.com

Thank you - worked like a charm!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 08:46 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates