Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Contact Us Form Not Working Correctly
RMBCL
post Jun 9 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 22,941

I have opened 3 support tickets on this and called 3 times and I keep getting the same song and dance "everything is working correctly".

When I get an email from a customer who used the contact us form on the site it appears in my email as coming from my own email address so when I click reply it populates my own email address in the TO: block so it sends to my own email. This is really a pain in the butt because I have to keep copy/pasting the customers email address into the TO: block in order to reply.

The problem is that they don’t have the code for the form writing correctly or more importantly they have made error on an update to cause this issue because it did work properly but doesn’t now. Here is a screen shot video that explains in detail the issue http://screencast.com/t/gajaUViNfYiY. I have shared this via the support email two times without any reply back or issue resolved. The main issue is that they do not have the "Reply-to" email configured correctly in their code. Below is what I am referring to and should be able to help correct the issue. Like I said up until about a month ago is was working correctly then it stopped.

The code should look like below to fix the issue. I am not an expert on code but this is so simple that anyone should know how this should operate correctly. I have ran 3 different websites over the years and no contact us form worked like they are trying to convince me it does. I know the email is sent to the admin email address but the issue is they do not have the reply code set correctly or an error has occurred. Any help would be great!

$headers = "From: $mail\r\n";
$headers .= "Reply-To: $mail\r\n";
mail($to, $subject,$body,$headers);
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 04:15 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates