Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Page Size ?
jjjusme
post Jan 23 2012, 04:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 3,285

I have acquired the Free Website to test out the ease of use before upgrading to a 3 year contract. But I note that the page size is narrower than the screen. Is this normal and will it be the same with the upgraded versions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
martiniguy
post Jan 23 2012, 08:01 AM
Post #2

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 775

QUOTE (jjjusme @ Jan 23 2012, 04:15 AM) *
I have acquired the Free Website to test out the ease of use before upgrading to a 3 year contract. But I note that the page size is narrower than the screen. Is this normal and will it be the same with the upgraded versions?

Hey jjjusme.
I've never used the free site or website builder, but I've had much experience here.

When you mention "narrower than the screen" - bear in mind that there are many different screen sizes and resolutions. I would bet that the default settings for the free site are a fixed width, and the size is specified in the HTML of the default page(s).

When you have a regular hosting package, you control all of the physical and aesthetic aspects of your site. The dimensions are specified by you in your HTML or (preferably) in your CSS doc.

Hope that helps.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:45 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates