Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't View Ftp Passwords Any More?
zz99
post Apr 24 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 17,331

Uh oh, can we no longer view existing ftp passwords?
I don't have the "show passwords" any more on my ftp sites list?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Apr 24 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (zz99 @ Apr 24 2012, 03:40 PM) *
Uh oh, can we no longer view existing ftp passwords?
I don't have the "show passwords" any more on my ftp sites list?

That is a security enhancment for the Account Manager. You only have the option to reset your password now. You can no longer view it.

+Quote Post
denniswjones
post May 14 2012, 11:11 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,300

QUOTE (Craig @ Apr 24 2012, 07:06 PM) *
That is a security enhancment for the Account Manager. You only have the option to reset your password now. You can no longer view it.

Yet you had to also kill all the existing passwords without notice yet again? So apparently someone or ones has yet again tried to hack the nshosting accounts and network solutions has once again not bothered to let anyone know, i.e. be proactive and actually perform customer support. Please let me know something. Does this latest attempt to address the ftp passwords going to mean that you will not be resetting them at will over and over ad infinitum? This is really a pain when I am having to update tablets, phones, computers in multiple locations just because you seem to have security issues (I will admit it could easily be because of the end users who have no idea how to practice safe computing).

Thank you for letting me vent. I am sure glad my company doesn't treat its customers with the indifference Network Solutions seems to. I would probably be out of work if it did.

Regards,

Dennis

+Quote Post
endlessbender
post Jun 6 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,664

Jesus. Why not just have it as an option? I don't appreciate a company that works for me enforcing security on me that I certainly didn't ask for. Obviously a coverup of your own security problems. This is complete garbage. Such a sh!t company.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 08:07 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates