Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ftp File Pathname, Trouble accessing my FTP files
mdmadmin
post Oct 12 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 20,129

I have uploaded a video file into my htdocs folder via FTP, but am having a hard time figuring out what the proper pathname is supposed to be. For example, when I upload mymovie.mp4 into my htdocs folder, and want to point to it in my html, what is the correct pathname? Wouldn't it just be something like "htdocs/mymovie.mp4" or just "/mymovie.mp4"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Oct 12 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (mdmadmin @ Oct 12 2015, 09:45 PM) *
I have uploaded a video file into my htdocs folder via FTP, but am having a hard time figuring out what the proper pathname is supposed to be. For example, when I upload mymovie.mp4 into my htdocs folder, and want to point to it in my html, what is the correct pathname? Wouldn't it just be something like "htdocs/mymovie.mp4" or just "/mymovie.mp4"

Assuming that your domain name is assigned to the /htdocs folder (rather than a subfolder of /htdocs), the path would be /mymovie.mp4.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 07:29 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates