Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ftp Password Changes
BCintheBay
post Apr 2 2012, 10:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 13,040

You know what's awesome? When my hosting company decides that is makes sense to change all of the passwords on my FTP accounts without notice and multiple times in a two week period.

How many high school dropouts does it take to run a web hosting company (my apologies to any high school drop outs for comparing you to those morons).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Apr 2 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (BCintheBay @ Apr 2 2012, 11:59 AM) *
You know what's awesome? When my hosting company decides that is makes sense to change all of the passwords on my FTP accounts without notice and multiple times in a two week period.

How many high school dropouts does it take to run a web hosting company (my apologies to any high school drop outs for comparing you to those morons).

I apologize for the lack of notice. We reset the passwords to protect your hosting package and our hosting platform. We only take drastic measures like this when we feel there is a good reason to do so.

+Quote Post
Hammerhead5
post Apr 3 2012, 07:46 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,042

QUOTE (Craig @ Apr 2 2012, 07:57 PM) *
I apologize for the lack of notice. We reset the passwords to protect your hosting package and our hosting platform. We only take drastic measures like this when we feel there is a good reason to do so.

I do appreciate NS protecting our hosting packages.

What I don't understand is why the FTP server is so slow after the security fixes. It is like using an old 9600 modem to download and upload. Right now I am downloading at 391.59Kbps. It will be time for our company to look for a new provider if this isn't fixed soon.

+Quote Post
TAUSA
post Apr 3 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,104

This is getting ridiculous. You have been taking these drastic measures way too often. I appreciate your attention to security but if you guys cannot straighten this out you will lose yet another customer.

+Quote Post
splat
post Apr 4 2012, 07:13 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,114

I too had my FTP go down with no notification in the last week or so. Within a few days, my sites also went down with no notification.

Being netsol, the 24-hour period during which I was to have been contacted for these incidents never arrived. This has happened each time I have opened a ticket - each time I get an apology [netsol, feel free to review my ticket history for confirmation.] Each apology is ever-more meaningless, I wish I had:

1. a host that was well-run
2. a host that notified its clients when their sites and/or ftp went down
3. a host that gave the impression it had read the support emails its clients sent. For example, when presented with a specific error message about a site being down out of the blue, I wish my host would not reply with silly boilerplate suggestions such as maybe it's a cache issue. Ludicrous.

+Quote Post
ToddEdwardson
post Apr 7 2012, 04:34 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,970

How on earth do you think it's acceptable to change the passwords without notice to the account holders. I understand security concerns, but no notice? Seriously?

+Quote Post
splat
post Apr 10 2012, 06:04 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 17,114

My site went down *again* yesterday, after having gone down out of the blue last week.

When I emailed netsol about it last night, they wrote they were sorry about the FTP problem I was experiencing, although I said nothing about FTP in my message, and there were no FTP problems.

Based on the horrid service I have received when they have taken down my sites without notification as well as the dreadful repsonses I have rec'd when I inquired about why, they come across as utter morons.

I completely regret signing up with them.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 02:43 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates