Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ftp Upload Problem
kyboy
post Apr 15 2014, 03:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 2,243

Starting last Thursday afternoon, I have not been able to FTP upload anything above 2560 bytes.
I called yesterday (and waited 15 minutes to get a rep) and opened a support ticket.
I got an email reply from support saying the issue had been fixed and when I checked
the ticket sure enough had been closed.

I'm waiting another 15 minutes to get another call in
and it's bad enough that I have to wait
BUT THE HOLD MUSIC GOES UP AND DOWN AND IS VERY ANNOYING !!!!!!!!
IS THIS A PLOY TO GET ME TO GIVE UP?!!!!!

I tried the chat page numerous times, no agents available.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OLOS
post Apr 15 2014, 11:24 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 22,741

QUOTE (kyboy @ Apr 15 2014, 04:32 PM) *
Starting last Thursday afternoon, I have not been able to FTP upload anything above 2560 bytes.
I called yesterday (and waited 15 minutes to get a rep) and opened a support ticket.
I got an email reply from support saying the issue had been fixed and when I checked
the ticket sure enough had been closed.

I'm waiting another 15 minutes to get another call in
and it's bad enough that I have to wait
BUT THE HOLD MUSIC GOES UP AND DOWN AND IS VERY ANNOYING !!!!!!!!
IS THIS A PLOY TO GET ME TO GIVE UP?!!!!!

I tried the chat page numerous times, no agents available.

I'm having the same problem. I tried uploading a new HTML page and it failed. The worst thing is, it zeroed out the file on the server, so now I have a zero length file instead of just having the old version of the file (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
hamrtime
post Apr 16 2014, 12:41 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,742

QUOTE (OLOS @ Apr 16 2014, 12:24 AM) *
I'm having the same problem. I tried uploading a new HTML page and it failed. The worst thing is, it zeroed out the file on the server, so now I have a zero length file instead of just having the old version of the file (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I am in the same boat as kyboy and OLOS. I can't upload files with more content than 2560 bytes and I skipped 15 files due to timeouts before realizing the files had been zeroed out. It's like the FTP timeout is stalling the file overwrite process. Another thing I noticed is that the FTP log states more bytes have been uploaded than the number of bytes in the file.

I'm running an iMac with Mavericks and have tried with and without the firewall without any difference. I get the same result no matter what FTP programs I'm using too (Dreamweaver CC / Filezilla).

FWIW, @surrealcms is tweeting their progress on this issue on behalf of their clients with @netsolcares.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 11:26 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates