nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do I Retrieve / Change My Current Ftp Password?
mmetrick
post Dec 15 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 3,211

To retrieve / change your FTP current password follow the steps below;

1. Log into Account Manager with your username and password.
2. Click on "My Hosting Packages." If you have multiple Hosting Packages, click on the name of the Hosting Package you would like to view.
3. Scroll down to the section in the middle of the page called "Manage Hosting Package" and click "show" next to the password in order to view it. In order to change the password, continue to step 4.
4. Click "Manage FTP Accounts" next to the FTP Username and Password from step 3.
5. Select the Radio Button next to the FTP user you would like to edit and then click "Edit"

We recommend making the password as strong as possible to avoid security issues related to your FTP credentials.

For the security of your account and website files we strongly recommend not changing the password to any password that you've used in the past.

You may need to update the software on your computer with your new password. For more information on how to do so for some common FTP clients:

· CuteFTP

· Dreamweaver

· Dreamweaver's Site

· Fetch

· FileZilla

If you need help resetting your password, or have any questions about this process, you can also contact Customer Service at 1-888-642-9675.

Sincerely,
Network Solutions Customer Support
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 07:28 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates