Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Log Statistics Raw Files
Kabadayi
post Jun 7 2015, 07:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 17,096

I had enabled the raw log statistics files since at least 6 years ago and could well retrieve them via standard Windows FTP client up to recently without any problems. On 9 May, as it seems, NS made an update somewhere and changed settings and parameters in some applications. Since then, I am not able to download those raw log files, but receive the error code "550: Permission denied". Since then I opened several tickets about the same issue which is still unsolved up to date. On 27 May somebody called me and told that he would refresh the account and then I would be able to access the files again. I was in a business trip and could check on 5 June that I could only download the files up to 27 May (i.e. day of resynchronization) but no further! The same day I had another call with customer service and they again applied a resync and then I could download all files up to that moment, i.e. including 5 June, again. I asked the person whether he was sure that this would function also from that moment on. The reply was "Yes, sir. From now on you will be able to download all log files." The next day, i.e. on 6 June, I observed again that I could only download up to 5 June (i.e. the day of last resynchronization), but no further! The problem is at NS's side. They must reset a parameter, but are unable to resolve this issue since almost 1 month ago. Wonder if anybody experienced the same issue.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jun 7 2015, 07:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (Kabadayi @ Jun 7 2015, 07:42 AM) *
I had enabled the raw log statistics files since at least 6 years ago and could well retrieve them via standard Windows FTP client up to recently without any problems. On 9 May, as it seems, NS made an update somewhere and changed settings and parameters in some applications. Since then, I am not able to download those raw log files, but receive the error code "550: Permission denied". Since then I opened several tickets about the same issue which is still unsolved up to date. On 27 May somebody called me and told that he would refresh the account and then I would be able to access the files again. I was in a business trip and could check on 5 June that I could only download the files up to 27 May (i.e. day of resynchronization) but no further! The same day I had another call with customer service and they again applied a resync and then I could download all files up to that moment, i.e. including 5 June, again. I asked the person whether he was sure that this would function also from that moment on. The reply was "Yes, sir. From now on you will be able to download all log files." The next day, i.e. on 6 June, I observed again that I could only download up to 5 June (i.e. the day of last resynchronization), but no further! The problem is at NS's side. They must reset a parameter, but are unable to resolve this issue since almost 1 month ago. Wonder if anybody experienced the same issue.

We are aware of the permissions issue and are working to fix it. In the mean time, you can reset the permissions yourself through the hosting control panel (http://www.networksolutions.com/support/resetting-file-permissions/).

+Quote Post
kyboy
post Jun 9 2015, 02:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,243

I've been having the same problem since being upgraded to IIS 8.5 at the end of April.

I'm also having HTTP 500 errors since yesterday morning when support rebooted/restarted/resync'd my hosting plan
when I called about missing logs.

HTTP logs started showing up again in the afternoon and apparently I lost no log data. This has happened a number of times but the HTTP 500 error is new.

I cannot use the Reset File Permissions to their default because that would take the Write privilege off the folders that I had explicitly given that privilege using File Manager.
I cannot use File Manager now, get HTTP 401, invalid credentials, but FTP works fine.

Still waiting on a reply from 'engineering'.

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jun 9 2015, 07:28 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (kyboy @ Jun 9 2015, 02:00 PM) *
I've been having the same problem since being upgraded to IIS 8.5 at the end of April.

I'm also having HTTP 500 errors since yesterday morning when support rebooted/restarted/resync'd my hosting plan
when I called about missing logs.

HTTP logs started showing up again in the afternoon and apparently I lost no log data. This has happened a number of times but the HTTP 500 error is new.

I cannot use the Reset File Permissions to their default because that would take the Write privilege off the folders that I had explicitly given that privilege using File Manager.
I cannot use File Manager now, get HTTP 401, invalid credentials, but FTP works fine.

Still waiting on a reply from 'engineering'.

You shoudln't be using Filemanger to set write permissions. You should do that through the Hosting Control panel: http://www.networksolutions.com/support/ho...ite-permission/

+Quote Post
kyboy
post Jun 10 2015, 08:33 AM
Post #5

The instructions say to click on the "Web Hosting Toolbox" button.
I don't see that, however, I did find
hosting > hosting tools > security > password protection
and once there clicked on the web folders tab.

I see the folders and they still have Write permission, notably the one folder that
is having the main problem that has broken my site with HTTP 500 errors.

I'm still having HTTP 401 errors when trying to use File Manager.
Maybe related, maybe not.

Still waiting to hear from 'engineering'. Site broken for 47 hours now.
Anyway, thanks for responding to this thread.

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jun 10 2015, 07:03 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (kyboy @ Jun 10 2015, 08:33 AM) *

I see the folders and they still have Write permission, notably the one folder that

What is your ticket number?

+Quote Post
kyboy
post Jun 10 2015, 07:20 PM
Post #7

Ticket # 4617790 and 4616418.
Thanks for your interest.

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jun 10 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (kyboy @ Jun 10 2015, 07:20 PM) *
Ticket # 4617790 and 4616418.
Thanks for your interest.

Taking a look at your tickets. Didn't see the reply on the other thread before I asked again.

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jun 11 2015, 05:22 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (kyboy @ Jun 10 2015, 09:33 AM) *

I believe the issue here is the settings in the control panel which were applied to the old server (Windows 2003) were not applied to the new server (Windows 2012) but still show up in the database for the hosting control panel, which is independent of IIS.

I was able to eliminate the 500 errors that I found by forcing the system to re-apply these settings. I did this by turning "directory browse" on, saving the setting, and then turning it back off and saving again.

+Quote Post
kyboy
post Jun 13 2015, 01:11 PM
Post #10

Thanks for the tip, HOWEVER, I called in early this afternoon, wanting to know the status of my 4 day old ticket regarding the other 2 problems I'm having, one being that HTTP LOGS are not being automatically gzipped, which means that AWSTATS sees nothing beyond June 2nd, when I started having THAT problem.

NetSol support today told me that my ticket is still being review by 'engineering'.

I did not ask for, nor did he say he was trying anything to try and resolve the HTTP LOG problem, but
LO AND BEHOLD, my site started getting HTTP 500 errors AGAIN. (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/angry.gif)

I took your suggestion and using Account Manager > Hosting > Password and Permissions
modified the two folders that apparently lost their Write permissions AGAIN, and in a few minutes
the issue was resolved.

BUT WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN !?!?

I see where you had to upgrade us to IIS 8.5 because Microsoft no longer supports the old version of Windows Server.
SO ISN"T TIME TO GET MICROSOFT ON THE LINE AND GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS !!!!!?????

+Quote Post
kyboy
post Jun 15 2015, 09:16 AM
Post #11

10:16am
My raw HTTP LOGS were gzipped at about 4:27am (Eastern, I guess) this morning,
but with the time difference record IN the log files, that could've actually been around 8:27am.

Coincidentally, my site started getting HTTP 500 errors sometime after 8:40am this morning.
I implemented the temp fix of modifying the affected folders and setting them right back to what they had, re permissions.

I downloaded and unzipped the gzipped log files, and for the last 18, the log files have a date of 11/30/2022 !
The last, most recent log file, which had not been gzipped, has the correct timestamp of today at 9:15am.

This info might be useful in diagnosing what is going on. Craig, are you there?

11:59am...update
I see now that some of my HTTP LOGS for May had dates of like 10/17/2022, so this anomaly has
been going on maybe since I was upgraded to IIS 8.5

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jun 15 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (kyboy @ Jun 15 2015, 10:16 AM) *
10:16am
My raw HTTP LOGS were gzipped at about 4:27am (Eastern, I guess) this morning,
but with the time difference record IN the log files, that could've actually been around 8:27am.

Coincidentally, my site started getting HTTP 500 errors sometime after 8:40am this morning.
I implemented the temp fix of modifying the affected folders and setting them right back to what they had, re permissions.

I downloaded and unzipped the gzipped log files, and for the last 18, the log files have a date of 11/30/2022 !
The last, most recent log file, which had not been gzipped, has the correct timestamp of today at 9:15am.

This info might be useful in diagnosing what is going on. Craig, are you there?

11:59am...update
I see now that some of my HTTP LOGS for May had dates of like 10/17/2022, so this anomaly has
been going on maybe since I was upgraded to IIS 8.5

Only the current log is not compressed. When I open the .gz file in 7zip it shows the correct date on the text file within the archive. It may have something to do with the way your archive program is extracting the files.

Are you saying that you are having to re-apply the write permissions every day or was it just this morning?

+Quote Post
kyboy
post Jun 16 2015, 10:23 AM
Post #13

Just yesterday morning, Working fine since then.

+Quote Post
kyboy
post Jun 24 2015, 10:51 AM
Post #14

http 500 errors have ceased and http logs are now stable and being
gzipped automatically and awstats is working fine.

HOWEVER, I STILL HAVE THE HTTP 401 ERROR ON FILE MANAGER SO IT'S UNUSABLE.

I just updated ticket #4617790 with these same comments.

Have received no communication from NetSol, whatsoever.
Are the 2 people in NetSol 'engineering' back from their LONG vacation?
Hopefully they can look at my File Manager problem.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 11:36 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates