Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Website Backup Corrupt?
BartAmeling
post Feb 27 2014, 08:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 22,496

When I try to download a compressed copy of our website backup via FTP, all of our bandwidth seems to get used up causing disruption through out our network. The file is only 570 MB. This problem just started and I have no other issues with downloading files from other FTP sites. Submitted support ticket and haven't heard back yet from anyone on this issue.

I called my service provider and they said they were not experiencing issues to cause a problem like this. They informed me the compressed file may be corrupt.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Mar 3 2014, 10:10 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (BartAmeling @ Feb 27 2014, 08:52 AM) *
When I try to download a compressed copy of our website backup via FTP, all of our bandwidth seems to get used up causing disruption through out our network. The file is only 570 MB. This problem just started and I have no other issues with downloading files from other FTP sites. Submitted support ticket and haven't heard back yet from anyone on this issue.

I called my service provider and they said they were not experiencing issues to cause a problem like this. They informed me the compressed file may be corrupt.

I tested on your pacakge and I was able to download a 570 MB backup and extract the files on my local machine. I did this through my local ISP, not on our corporate network.

+Quote Post
BartAmeling
post Mar 4 2014, 08:23 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Craig @ Mar 3 2014, 11:10 PM) *
I tested on your pacakge and I was able to download a 570 MB backup and extract the files on my local machine. I did this through my local ISP, not on our corporate network.

Craig, i have tried multiple times to download the compressed file and i had the same issue with all of our bandwidth being used up. I ended up using File Manager to download the file because it gave me the option to change it to a zip file instead of a tar.gz file. I downloaded the file with no interruption to our network but when i opened the zip file it gave me a message the file was corrupt.

+Quote Post
BartAmeling
post Mar 13 2014, 01:01 PM
Post #4

Problem solved. Bad NIC card was causing all sorts of weird network issues.

Replaced and backup downloaded fine.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 04:16 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates