nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do I Find My Mysql Host Name?!, Need MySQL host name for Joomla! 1.6 installation
pegasusngl
post Apr 15 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 13,705

I'm really grasping at straws here. I've actually managed to teach myself everything on my own. However I can not actually find my freakin' host name! I have been taking care of a Joomla! 1.5 site and went to see what the host name was there. I'm not really following why there's a 3306 at the end, also when I try to do the same thing on my NEW installation it DOESN'T WORK!

I'm ready to pull my hair out! *tear* Can anyone please help me find out what(or where) I can find my host name so I can get onto building my website?

*EDIT* Never mind guys, I figured out what the problem was.

This post has been edited by pegasusngl: Apr 15 2011, 04:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skycop
post Apr 27 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #2

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 13,881

QUOTE (pegasusngl @ Apr 15 2011, 05:12 PM) *
I'm really grasping at straws here. I've actually managed to teach myself everything on my own. However I can not actually find my freakin' host name! I have been taking care of a Joomla! 1.5 site and went to see what the host name was there. I'm not really following why there's a 3306 at the end, also when I try to do the same thing on my NEW installation it DOESN'T WORK!

I'm ready to pull my hair out! *tear* Can anyone please help me find out what(or where) I can find my host name so I can get onto building my website?

*EDIT* Never mind guys, I figured out what the problem was.

Care to share the solution? I'm a graphic designer here and am only just now getting into actually "maintaining" a website. I know the markup to create a form on my website, but not sure what to enter in the "action" field or where to find the URL for my database.

It's weird because I created a database but it wont show up? When I tyr to re-create the same database it says "there is already a database with this name. Try another name." If there is already a database with that name then where is it?! driving me nuts...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 12:36 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates