Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Super User Acess To Joomla, about default Admin access to Joomla 1.6 sites
rajure
post Jul 10 2011, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 11,577

Hi,

I have been running several Joomla sites on my domain. They are all Joomla 1.5.+
Recently I installed a few Joomla 1.6 sites to test the new version of Joomla. The installation process is the same from the Open Source Application Library provided by Networksolutions. However the default user created at the time of installation of Joomla site has Administrative access. Whereas the Joomla 1.6 requires Super user access in order to have access to the Global Configuration settings.

Now I have no way to understand how this can be overcome. Only Networksolutions Joomla Experts may be able to explain How the Administrator can assume Super User role.

Please let me know if you have documentation somewhere.

Thanks,

Sanjay Rajure
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dhrude
post Jul 22 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #2

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 14,810

Hi Sanjay,

Same issue here, I solved it by editing the database directly through phpMyAdmin.

Connect to the DB and look for " jos_user_usergroup_map " then change your group ID to that of the super users group. You can view that ID number through USERS > GROUPS, locate the ID to the right for "Super Users". I had to change mine from group ID 7 to group ID 8. I suspect yours will be similar. After that login again to your /administrator back-end and your set.

Good luck!

David
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 11:04 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates