nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Web Sites Down And Sometimes Up For Days Now...
DopplerNetSolFor...
post Mar 17 2012, 03:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 16,898

My UNIX based Gold VIP Hosted sites have been off and on for days. Spent 2 hours on hold for the past 2 days just to talk to someone in the Philippines who had less of a clue than I did. Does ANYBODY at NetSol care to get their hosting act together? This is costing me money. NetSol - can I expect my sites performing properly any time soon???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrianDKing
post Mar 18 2012, 07:11 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,222

QUOTE (DopplerNetSolForum @ Mar 17 2012, 04:14 AM) *
My UNIX based Gold VIP Hosted sites have been off and on for days. Spent 2 hours on hold for the past 2 days just to talk to someone in the Philippines who had less of a clue than I did. Does ANYBODY at NetSol care to get their hosting act together? This is costing me money. NetSol - can I expect my sites performing properly any time soon???

Tim Kelly - President & CEO you will never see this but if you do I want you to know why after 9 years of having NS host websites I am now done.

I am having the same experience as the person above, which started out not being able to ftp up a page to finally figure out that they NS had changed our ftp password, an email would have been nice to warn of this. still ftp connection was failing so I reset file permissions. end of problem. 3 hours later anyone trying to enter our website gets " Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server." On hold for an hour to be told that they were going to reset file permissions, which I had done hours before. Hours later no change, still same page comes up Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server. Not a good thing for our customers to see. So another call to tech support to hear NS NORMAL message OF "we are experiencing larger then normal call volume" "wait time greater then 15 min. So I sit on hold for over an hour then to be told that she was going to reset file permission and try again in 15 min. Is this what their tech support does to get rid of problem they do not know how to fix? I basically asked her why she thought she was going to get a different result then what the first tech got. She puts me back on hold, only to come back to tell me that she has sent it to engineering that I will hear from them in up to 48 business hours. this was a replay of a problem that had happened 3 weeks before. with just a single page not loading. same repeat of resetting file permissions with no result to be told that engineering would get back to me in 48 hours. 48 hours later sill not working, put on hold with the same normal NS message of greater then normal call volume. while on hold I reread the email I got from tech support telling me that it would be 48 BUSINESS hours I gave up deleted the page renamed it and changed all the links, understanding that the online ads pointing to that page was money wasted. 2 days later I got a call from tech support, that they were now ready to ask me about the problem. So I see no reason that my experience this time is going to be any different then last. I can wait and lose a weeks worth of customers or get a new host.

+Quote Post
JoGoEquipment
post Mar 18 2012, 01:01 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,910

Network solutions has the worst servers but for $59.00 what can I say...

+Quote Post
Craig
post Mar 18 2012, 09:41 PM
Post #4

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (DopplerNetSolForum @ Mar 17 2012, 03:14 AM) *

I apologize for the issues you were experiencing with your websites. I just checked multiple sites on the hosting packages in your account and was able to access the sites without issue.

+Quote Post
BobTheBugman
post Mar 19 2012, 09:32 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,301

QUOTE (Craig @ Mar 18 2012, 10:41 PM) *
I apologize for the issues you were experiencing with your websites. I just checked multiple sites on the hosting packages in your account and was able to access the sites without issue.

Oh, how convienent is that!

+Quote Post
BCintheBay
post Apr 2 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 13,040

QUOTE (Craig @ Mar 18 2012, 10:41 PM) *

I love this message...

"It's working on my end, so you must not have had any downtime. You clearly wanted to waste your time by sitting on hold to speak with our worthless "support" staff, who has never solved a single problem."

They do, however, have an uncanny ability to return a call a full day after the "24 hour response time"....after hours so that they don't have to speak with anyone of course.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 04:36 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates