Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Multiple Servers
mmbitguy
post Oct 19 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 5,785

Can we install a wilcard ssl on multiple servers withing the same domain? If so, how do we use it for mail versus web, versus terminal server? Do I need to generate a new key for each server?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Susan013
post Oct 19 2010, 09:07 AM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,342

QUOTE (mmbitguy @ Oct 19 2009, 02:07 PM) *
Can we install a wilcard ssl on multiple servers withing the same domain? If so, how do we use it for mail versus web, versus terminal server? Do I need to generate a new key for each server?

Per our service agreement our wildcard SSL certificates may be used for multiple sub domains however, they must all be hosted on the same server. If you are going to use separate servers you will require a certificate for each machine.

Thank you,
Susan
Network Solutions Technical Services

+Quote Post
techno.pagan
post Oct 19 2010, 11:18 AM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 1,438

QUOTE (mmbitguy @ Oct 19 2009, 02:07 PM) *

Actually using the same cert on different servers is a security issue. You would have to copy the private key from the original server (the one used to generate the cert) to the other servers and by definition it would no longer be private.

So it can be done, but it isn't a good idea.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 16th August 2017 - 06:30 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates