Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Sooo Long To Get Validated, WHY SOOO LONG TO GET VALIDATED
BillKrause
post Jan 31 2010, 08:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 7,508

I bought a certificate, Had one before for the same site. The site is registered with Networksolutions, Network solutions had the certificate and it had expired for 4 days before I noticed it. I bought another one, submitted for validation, called after 16 hours and was told "Oh it can take up to 4 days, just like it says on the website". What a crock! I thought Gold VIP meant something. This is unacceptable, what you don't trust the oversseas help to verify a domain that you HAD SSL certificates for or what?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
martiniguy
post Jan 31 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 775

QUOTE (BillKrause @ Jan 31 2010, 08:30 AM) *
I bought a certificate, Had one before for the same site. The site is registered with Networksolutions, Network solutions had the certificate and it had expired for 4 days before I noticed it. I bought another one, submitted for validation, called after 16 hours and was told "Oh it can take up to 4 days, just like it says on the website". What a crock! I thought Gold VIP meant something. This is unacceptable, what you don't trust the oversseas help to verify a domain that you HAD SSL certificates for or what?

Hey BillKrause.
I have typically phoned tech support to renew the existing cert, versus adding a new cert. For some reason there does seem to be confusion behind the scenes - perhaps different departments not communicating.

+Quote Post
mcmia
post Jan 31 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,909

QUOTE (martiniguy @ Jan 31 2010, 07:11 AM) *
Hey BillKrause.
I have typically phoned tech support to renew the existing cert, versus adding a new cert. For some reason there does seem to be confusion behind the scenes - perhaps different departments not communicating.

Thanks for the Good Advise Martiniguy --

The next time I need to renew our SSL I'll be calling tech support first! Anything that will make the process simpler and faster is good to know.

Last time we RENEWED our certificate we had to supply all kinds of info and it took weeks to get it validated.

+Quote Post
martiniguy
post Jan 31 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 775

QUOTE (mcmia @ Jan 31 2010, 04:49 PM) *
Thanks for the Good Advise Martiniguy --

The next time I need to renew our SSL I'll be calling tech support first! Anything that will make the process simpler and faster is good to know.

Last time we RENEWED our certificate we had to supply all kinds of info and it took weeks to get it validated.

My pleasure - I only know this because I've walked the same road a few years back with the same issues.

Best regards.

+Quote Post
Susan013
post Feb 2 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #5

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,342

QUOTE (BillKrause @ Jan 31 2010, 08:30 AM) *

I'm sorry you are experiencing a delay in receiving the SSL certificate. I did review the account associated to this user and did not find an SSL in validation status. Please be advised our technical support department does not validate or issue the certificates, this is processed by the SSL team. You can of course reach our validation team 24 hours a day. If you are still experiencing an issue. I would recommend contacting validation at 1.877.228.1023.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 10:41 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates