Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Google Analytics E-commerce Tracking Code
Guest_recohen_*
post Sep 7 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hi,

I'm trying to get Google Analytics E-Commerce Tracking Code to work for our site. I've pasted the following code in the order confirmation message, but it doesn't seem to be passing the appropriate data back to Google Analytics (We have two subdomains - the main site is www and the NS store is store). Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Ross

<script type="text/javascript">
var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
try {
var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-193532-1");
pageTracker._setDomainName(".triumphdining.com");
pageTracker._setAllowHash(false);
pageTracker._setAllowLinker(true);
pageTracker._trackPageview();
pageTracker._addTrans(
"<%Order.Number%>", // Order ID
"<%Order.Total%>", // Total
"<%Order.Tax%>", // Tax
"<%Order.Shipping%>", // Shipping

);
pageTracker._trackTrans();
} catch(err) {}
</script>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EKop
post Sep 8 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 4,877

I am having the same problem! Launched our v.7 at the beginning of August and have not been able to get this code to work. Relieved it's not just us.

+Quote Post
Guest_recohen_*
post Sep 8 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #3

Guests

Can anyone help us with this?

+Quote Post
sgrover
post Sep 8 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 306

EKop - Is there any reason why you're pasting code rather than entering your Google Analytics tracking code in the tab already setup for Google Analytics? Operations -> Settings -> Google

recohen - Not sure what to suggest on your side. Looks like you're running a PHP cart.

+Quote Post
Guest_recohen_*
post Sep 8 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #5

Guests

I actually have two carts, one NS and one at another provider (so that I can switch back and forth if one of the providers is slow/down/etc.).

I've been using the other cart lately (so you can't see my NS cart) because I can't get the Google Analytics e-commerce tracking code to work. My NS cart is at http://store.triumphdining.com/cart.aspx.

Thanks,
Ross

+Quote Post
sgrover
post Sep 8 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 306

QUOTE (recohen @ Sep 8 2009, 09:15 PM) *
I've been using the other cart lately (so you can't see my NS cart) because I can't get the Google Analytics e-commerce tracking code to work.

Did you try putting the Google Analytics tracking code into the field in your control panel? Or did you have a special need to paste the code by hand into your pages?

+Quote Post
Guest_recohen_*
post Sep 9 2009, 05:57 AM
Post #7

Guests

Special need. Because I have multiple subdomains, I have to add some additional lines to the code.

I called NS yesterday and they were pretty unhelpful. The guy pretty much told me he had "no idea" and couldn't help me. I realize that NS can't support every integration under the sun, but it seems like a pretty big deal to not be able to track your e-commerce results.

+Quote Post
kencantoo
post Sep 9 2009, 09:18 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 4,847

QUOTE (recohen @ Sep 9 2009, 07:05 AM) *
Special need. Because I have multiple subdomains, I have to add some additional lines to the code.

I called NS yesterday and they were pretty unhelpful. The guy pretty much told me he had "no idea" and couldn't help me. I realize that NS can't support every integration under the sun, but it seems like a pretty big deal to not be able to track your e-commerce results.

I'm not sure I fully understand but thinking outside the box from the information given, Go to Operations > Settings > Google and just paste your Analytics account code there, then for your sub domain pages actually paste the code from google. Our e-commerce info is returned to google just fine but we are using the built in feature like the instructions above. Also you know you can set up a different website account in google to get a separate code and use that for sub-domains, this way you can keep the two sets of data separate and view who is hitting the sub domains vs the main domain. Hope this helps.

+Quote Post
rob1
post Sep 9 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,625

We have the same issue. Our cart is on a subdomain. GA worked perfect in V4. The day we switched to v7 GA stopped tracking our marketing campaigns.

We were told that NetSol needs to make some changes in their backend to fix the issue.

Bob

+Quote Post
EKop
post Sep 9 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 4,877

QUOTE (sgrover @ Sep 8 2009, 08:14 PM) *
EKop - Is there any reason why you're pasting code rather than entering your Google Analytics tracking code in the tab already setup for Google Analytics? Operations -> Settings -> Google

recohen - Not sure what to suggest on your side. Looks like you're running a PHP cart.

Can someone please clairify this for me?

I have both analytics and adwords thru google. Recently we linked our google stuff togehter (please don't ask me what this means becasue I don't completely understand it... from what I gather, our analytics and adwords were 2 differnt accounts but are now connected)

I had entered the google Analytics # in the "Operations -> Settings -> Google"
This worked for my analtyics - not my adwords.

So, at the "confirmation page" I entered the google generated code for my conversions (adwords). Then everything stopped working (analytics and adwords.)

So we linked our adwords and analytics thru google- I cleared out the code on the conversion page, used the new google number "Operations -> Settings -> Google" (basically started from scratch) - this was yesterday so I am waiting to see if this works.

So, am I correct in thinking if my google accounts are linked, I will only have to have this code in the "operations" section and both analytics and adwords will work ?

Or, do you need to have google code on your conversion page too for adwords?

Thanks for helping me understand this!!!

ETA: Sorry for hijacking your thread Ross.

+Quote Post
SteveSmillie
post Sep 11 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 4,987

I have been trying to fix this for weeks now as well. It is not feeding the data to google correctly

+Quote Post
kencantoo
post Sep 11 2009, 09:28 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (SteveSmillie @ Sep 11 2009, 08:12 PM) *
I have been trying to fix this for weeks now as well. It is not feeding the data to google correctly

Ok one thing, if you have linked your Analytics and Adwords accounts in GOOGLE you don't need two separate codes, Just Analytics, on the same note using the analytics code WILL TRACK YOUR ECOMMERCE SITE....

IF

You have logged into to google analytics click EDIT to the far right of the site you are working on, Then click EDIT (far right again) on the main site PROFILE INFORMATION make sure that ecommerce site? is YES

Take your account code go to Options > Settings > Google enter your account code

Click SAVE and you're done :-)

+Quote Post
Guest_recohen_*
post Sep 18 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #13

Guests

It's still not working.

NS: When are you planning to fix this?

+Quote Post
kencantoo
post Sep 18 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (recohen @ Sep 18 2009, 03:00 PM) *
It's still not working.

NS: When are you planning to fix this?

I think you should try live chat or call this in... if it's working for most of us properly there has to be something going on with your site that they need to look at. I doubt posting it on the board for them to look at will get their attention because it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

+Quote Post
rob1
post Sep 21 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 1,625

QUOTE (kencantoo @ Sep 18 2009, 04:37 PM) *
if it's working for most of us properly there has to be something going on with your site that they need to look at. I doubt posting it on the board for them to look at will get their attention because it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

This will only affect stores that reside at a subdomain. I was told in March that this was an issue with MC and it would have to go to the dev team to be fixed.

I am sure it has not been a priority because most sites are not using subdomains for their stores. I still hope this issues gets fixed.

Now, if you are hosting your store at a subdomain and GA is tracking your mktg campaigns correctly, please let us in on the secret! (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
kencantoo
post Sep 21 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (rob1 @ Sep 21 2009, 02:17 PM) *
This will only affect stores that reside at a subdomain. I was told in March that this was an issue with MC and it would have to go to the dev team to be fixed.

I am sure it has not been a priority because most sites are not using subdomains for their stores. I still hope this issues gets fixed.

Now, if you are hosting your store at a subdomain and GA is tracking your mktg campaigns correctly, please let us in on the secret! (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Got it... Subdomains are the only one having the issue, that's where I'd open a ticket and call EVERY DAY to check the status. You know they keep track of phone logs and eventually someone will get the message, even it just takes getting the right tech who has some knowledge that another might not have.

+Quote Post
Guest_recohen_*
post Sep 22 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #17

Guests

It would be nice if they would have told me that when I called about this. The rep I spoke with told me he had no idea why it wasn't working but that it was my problem because they don't support GA. Lovely.

+Quote Post
inthedraft
post May 13 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 9,590

QUOTE (sgrover @ Sep 8 2009, 09:06 PM) *

+Quote Post
GrahamS
post Jan 30 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 22,258

QUOTE (kencantoo @ Sep 11 2009, 09:28 PM) *
Ok one thing, if you have linked your Analytics and Adwords accounts in GOOGLE you don't need two separate codes, Just Analytics, on the same note using the analytics code WILL TRACK YOUR ECOMMERCE SITE....

IF

You have logged into to google analytics click EDIT to the far right of the site you are working on, Then click EDIT (far right again) on the main site PROFILE INFORMATION make sure that ecommerce site? is YES

Take your account code go to Options > Settings > Google enter your account code

Click SAVE and you're done :-)

Hi Ken, Just wanted to thank you for this... I was on the phone with Google after linking my accounts & they were telling be they couldn't see my tags/code on their end & wanted me to put their link in the headers. Luckily I found your post here and got everything all linked up ;-)

On a side note, I don't think I am getting conversion info etc from my NS eCommerce site.. is anyone getting this data (I am not hosting my package).

Cheers

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Feb 1 2014, 08:03 AM
Post #20

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 19,888

QUOTE (GrahamS @ Jan 30 2014, 10:25 PM) *
Hi Ken, Just wanted to thank you for this... I was on the phone with Google after linking my accounts & they were telling be they couldn't see my tags/code on their end & wanted me to put their link in the headers. Luckily I found your post here and got everything all linked up ;-)

On a side note, I don't think I am getting conversion info etc from my NS eCommerce site.. is anyone getting this data (I am not hosting my package).

Cheers

Graham,

What are the requirements of your conversion tracking script? I can provide you some info here if you can tell me a bit more about what your needs are.

+Quote Post
printmedia
post Oct 20 2014, 12:06 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 7,296

We chose to use the newer snippet for better accuracy and to track custom metrics. However, it appears that the Asynchronous Snippet is not tracking the E-commerce Conversion Rate. Google does not recommend using both snippets together.

"asynchronous tracking uses a different Analytics snippet...
...also more flexible than the traditional snippet."

Tracking Site Activity

Anyone else?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 11:51 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates