Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do I Setup Post Via E-mail, Post via e-mail not working in WordPress
BikiniBrowser
post Feb 16 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 7,921

Hello

I have the wordpress hosting package. I want to Post via e-mail but it is not working. I setup the email account and I verified that the email is being sent to server but the WordPress server is not retrieving the email or is is posting it as it should.

What am I doing wrong?

Please advise

Dale
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Feb 16 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #2

Network Solutions Technical Support

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,316

QUOTE (BikiniBrowser @ Feb 16 2010, 05:11 PM) *
Hello

I have the wordpress hosting package. I want to Post via e-mail but it is not working. I setup the email account and I verified that the email is being sent to server but the WordPress server is not retrieving the email or is is posting it as it should.

What am I doing wrong?

Please advise

Dale

The POP3 and IMAP functionality use ports not allowed in our shared hosting environment, so the feature you are attempting to use will not work. We apologize for any inconvenience.

+Quote Post
craigalan
post Dec 30 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 12,303

QUOTE (Corey @ Feb 16 2010, 10:01 PM) *
The POP3 and IMAP functionality use ports not allowed in our shared hosting environment, so the feature you are attempting to use will not work. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Is there a way around this, other than purchasing a more advanced hosting package? Seems to me that posting via email to a blog is a pretty standard feature and not sure why this is not an option with our shared hosting packages.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 07:15 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates