nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Exclude A Few Items From A Site-wide Discount., Discount Codes - Excluding Specific Items
care4dave
post Nov 18 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 12,648

We have about 6000 items on our website, and we want to offer site-wide discount on 99% of them. How can I exclude 1% of the items on our website from the discount offer? I really do not want to have to select each item that is included in the offer as that would take hours and hours. What I've been doing is just advertising the discount as site-wide and stating exclusions, but customers are able to use the discounts on the excluded items anyway. Does anyone know how I can prevent customers from using site-wide discounts?

If I just created a hidden category for the items that I want to exclude, and just picked the other categories as "included" in the discount promotion, would that keep customers from being able to use the discount codes on the items even though they may be in an included as well as an excluded category?

I should also mention that many of the items I need to exclude have the same manufacturer, so if there is a way just to exclude everything in the name of that manufacturer that would work for me too.

Any direction is greatly appreciated. Black Friday is quickly approaching.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 07:14 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates