Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Setting Up Wordpress As Subdomain Blog
Forensic
post Aug 7 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 18,163

I need help!! Have installed wordpress in a folder in my httdocs called blog. Have the database setup, but when I try to log-in to wordpress it does nothing, the log-in just resets.

Also, when I try to setup the subdomain, I add "new" it doesn't show the subfolder (blog), so I "add directory not listed" when I do this and create /htdocs/blog, I get this message, "This domain is already pointing to this Network Solutions package.
If you wish, you can point this domain to a different Network Solutions package."

How do install wordpress properly as a subdomain.

Please help!!!

Jim
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Aug 7 2012, 06:49 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (Forensic @ Aug 7 2012, 11:36 AM) *
I need help!! Have installed wordpress in a folder in my httdocs called blog. Have the database setup, but when I try to log-in to wordpress it does nothing, the log-in just resets.

Also, when I try to setup the subdomain, I add "new" it doesn't show the subfolder (blog), so I "add directory not listed" when I do this and create /htdocs/blog, I get this message, "This domain is already pointing to this Network Solutions package.
If you wish, you can point this domain to a different Network Solutions package."

How do install wordpress properly as a subdomain.

Please help!!!

Jim

You would get that error if domain.com is assigned to a different nsHosting package. You can't assign domain.com to one of our nsHosting packages and blog.domain.com to a different nsHosting package. You woulld need to register a different domain like domain-blog.com to use with the blog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 06:20 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates