Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upgrade Drupal 6.19 To 6.20/6.21/6.22, Hitting a wall
marklink
post Jan 22 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 16,356

I've taken my site and put it into offline mode, and am attempting at uploading the 6.20 tarball after failing to do so with 6.21 or 6.22, none of the 3 will work.

What do you suggest I do in order to upgrade my Drupal site from 6.19 to 6.20 -6.22 step by step would be great as everything gets so confusing with NSI shared hosting and permissions that are beyond my control (or so it seems).

Please help, I don't want to pay $60 or $120 to have one of your technicians do it for me, I want to learn how to do this myself but am hitting a wall.

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jan 23 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (marklink @ Jan 22 2012, 03:19 PM) *
I've taken my site and put it into offline mode, and am attempting at uploading the 6.20 tarball after failing to do so with 6.21 or 6.22, none of the 3 will work.

What do you suggest I do in order to upgrade my Drupal site from 6.19 to 6.20 -6.22 step by step would be great as everything gets so confusing with NSI shared hosting and permissions that are beyond my control (or so it seems).

Please help, I don't want to pay $60 or $120 to have one of your technicians do it for me, I want to learn how to do this myself but am hitting a wall.

Thank you!

You can set file permissions using the FileManager or most FTP clients. Support for upgrading Drupal can be found at the Drupal site (www.drupal.org).

+Quote Post
marklink
post Jan 23 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 16,356

QUOTE (Craig @ Jan 23 2012, 08:30 PM) *
You can set file permissions using the FileManager or most FTP clients. Support for upgrading Drupal can be found at the Drupal site (www.drupal.org).

If you take a look at the Drupal's site regarding this issue, I'm not the only one having this problem. That is why I'm coming to NSI for help because when I try to upload the tarball for 6.20 it just will not work like other upgrades I've done with Drupal in the past.

Drupal is recommending I go to 6.22 but none work, 6.20, 6.21.

What do you recommend I try next. I had a catastrophic database failure two or three weeks back that your engineers had to fix, that is why I am starting to feel like there are things out of my control with Drupal and NSI's setup.

When I've paid for My Time Support in the past, things didn't work out right on two different instances.

Please advise.

Thank you.

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jan 23 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #4

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (marklink @ Jan 23 2012, 10:20 PM) *
If you take a look at the Drupal's site regarding this issue, I'm not the only one having this problem. That is why I'm coming to NSI for help because when I try to upload the tarball for 6.20 it just will not work like other upgrades I've done with Drupal in the past.

Drupal is recommending I go to 6.22 but none work, 6.20, 6.21.

What do you recommend I try next. I had a catastrophic database failure two or three weeks back that your engineers had to fix, that is why I am starting to feel like there are things out of my control with Drupal and NSI's setup.

When I've paid for My Time Support in the past, things didn't work out right on two different instances.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Before doing anything like this you should always do a database and file backup. That way you can revert to what was there before the upgrade. If you are having trouble extracting the tarball in the FIlemanager, you may need to extract the tarball locally and then upload the individual files.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 04:22 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates