Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Domain Name Problems
Ziyad
post Nov 20 2008, 06:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 3,130

Good Day

I have a hosting package in network solutions and an external registered domain name ( mod.mil.iq) I tried to assign the domain name to may hosting package but I've got a message says "You can only enter the parent domain name here. Then go back to hosting details to add the sub domain. ".

I have assigned ( mil.iq ) to my hosting package but still didn't work, I have instruction from the registrar that no body use this domain. But also I don't have permission to add sub domain, so I gave him the ( mil.iq) DNS information and they used it, but after three days till now when I type ( mod.mil.iq ) I still have this message " We cannot locate the page you're looking for. Please check the address and make sure all letters are lowercased with no spaces."

Any how I need " mod.mil.iq " to work I would like to ask your kindness to help with this.

Regards
Ziyad
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Duane_*
post Nov 20 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE (Ziyad @ Nov 20 2008, 06:59 AM) *
Good Day

I have a hosting package in network solutions and an external registered domain name ( mod.mil.iq) I tried to assign the domain name to may hosting package but I've got a message says "You can only enter the parent domain name here. Then go back to hosting details to add the sub domain. ".

I have assigned ( mil.iq ) to my hosting package but still didn't work, I have instruction from the registrar that no body use this domain. But also I don't have permission to add sub domain, so I gave him the ( mil.iq) DNS information and they used it, but after three days till now when I type ( mod.mil.iq ) I still have this message " We cannot locate the page you're looking for. Please check the address and make sure all letters are lowercased with no spaces."

Any how I need " mod.mil.iq " to work I would like to ask your kindness to help with this.

Regards
Ziyad

In this case, you would want to assign mod.mil.iq as a sub domain of mil.iq.
You would use the Assign New button at the bottom of your hosting package to accomplish this change.
I've done this for you, and your website is now resolving properly.

+Quote Post
Ziyad
post Nov 22 2008, 03:25 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Duane @ Nov 20 2008, 11:34 AM) *
In this case, you would want to assign mod.mil.iq as a sub domain of mil.iq.
You would use the Assign New button at the bottom of your hosting package to accomplish this change.
I've done this for you, and your website is now resolving properly.

Thank you for your hand of help, really appreciate it, every thing is ok now.

Regards
Ziyad

+Quote Post
Ziyad
post Nov 26 2008, 04:28 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Ziyad @ Nov 22 2008, 04:43 AM) *
Thank you for your hand of help, really appreciate it, every thing is ok now.

Regards
Ziyad

Good day again

First I would like to thank you for your help getting the domain (mod.mil.iq) working.
Second thing I need to ask your advice for some thing.
now when I type (www.mod.mil.iq) the page is not found, the people I work for wants this (www) to be a part of the domain name, can you help with this?

I appreciate if you solve this out for me if it is in your hand or please give me the instructions if the domain registrar should do some thing from his side.

Regards
Ziyad

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 05:00 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates