Reply to this topicStart new topic
> File Manager Does Not Launch
irabelle
post Aug 27 2012, 11:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 18,351

Hi,

I am new at web hosting and using the manage file and content publishing. and my company commissioned somebody to make a website for us. and they uploaded a demo on www.[domain removed].asia/demo. now we are ready to upload it to the root directory we are having problems. I cant launch file manager after logging in at netsol.com. Nothing happens when I click the button "FILE MANAGER" - which s the advise on the prompt if and when a window does not open. Do I need to reset file permissions? What does it actually do? Do I need to reset all ftp password for all existing ftp accounts after resetting file permissions? I cant even connect via ftp, I am using filezilla and has configured it SFTP as suggested on the documentation.

also we get a prompt after logging in "Your credit card expired for account XXXXXXXX." Is this the reason why we cant access our file manager?

Please help we need to upload our new website so we can start marketing via the website. Thank you.

Best regards,

Ira
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Aug 28 2012, 04:53 AM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (irabelle @ Aug 28 2012, 12:21 AM) *
Hi,

I am new at web hosting and using the manage file and content publishing. and my company commissioned somebody to make a website for us. and they uploaded a demo on www.[domain removed].asia/demo. now we are ready to upload it to the root directory we are having problems. I cant launch file manager after logging in at netsol.com. Nothing happens when I click the button "FILE MANAGER" - which s the advise on the prompt if and when a window does not open. Do I need to reset file permissions? What does it actually do? Do I need to reset all ftp password for all existing ftp accounts after resetting file permissions? I cant even connect via ftp, I am using filezilla and has configured it SFTP as suggested on the documentation.

also we get a prompt after logging in "Your credit card expired for account XXXXXXXX." Is this the reason why we cant access our file manager?

Please help we need to upload our new website so we can start marketing via the website. Thank you.

Best regards,

Ira

The Filemanager loads on your account for me. It loads in a pop-up window. Make sure you are not blocking pop-ups from networksolutions.com. An expired credit card would not cause any issues with services which are paid and active.

+Quote Post
irabelle
post Aug 28 2012, 09:09 PM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 18,351

QUOTE (Craig @ Aug 28 2012, 05:53 AM) *
The Filemanager loads on your account for me. It loads in a pop-up window. Make sure you are not blocking pop-ups from networksolutions.com. An expired credit card would not cause any issues with services which are paid and active.

I used another browser so I can use the file manager now. But can you confirm if I have the right setting for site for my filezilla account - How do I configure the host name :99999.netsolhost.com, protocol: SFTP, logon type : Normal and username and password..what port do I specify.

What does resetting file permissions actually do?

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Ira

+Quote Post
Craig
post Aug 29 2012, 02:14 AM
Post #4

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (irabelle @ Aug 28 2012, 10:09 PM) *
I used another browser so I can use the file manager now. But can you confirm if I have the right setting for site for my filezilla account - How do I configure the host name :99999.netsolhost.com, protocol: SFTP, logon type : Normal and username and password..what port do I specify.

What does resetting file permissions actually do?

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Ira

The xxxxx.nesolhost.com address is what you would use for host. You can use sFTP as long as you are using an FTP account that points to the / folder on a Unix package. All other FTP accounts will only work with regular FTP. We use the default ports: FTP - 21, sFTP - 22. We support either passive or active mode, but whether they both work depends on how you connect to us. If active doesn't work, try passive (and vice versa). You can see the FTP user in the Account Manager, and you can set the FTP password there (http://www.networksolutions.com/support/how-do-i-edit-retrieve-my-ftp-account-username-and-password/).

Resetting File permissions does 2 things: sets appropriate file/folder permissions (the actual permisisons depend on the file type) and resets file ownership.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 17th August 2017 - 10:18 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates