nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Having A Problem Installing Blogengine Correctly, URL error when trying to log in to admin after installation
Fansa
post Dec 17 2016, 04:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 25,106

I have installed blogengine under a domain name on my shared hosting package, but when I type the URL to view the blog it adds the folder where my domain is installed to the URL. Am I suppose to install it under the server URL xxxxxx.netsolhost.com and specify the folder for the domain where I want blogengine to be installed? When I installed using the domain name I wanted, the blog seems to add the folder where the shared hosting domain is installed. what am I doing wrong here. thank you
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Dec 18 2016, 08:03 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (Fansa @ Dec 17 2016, 04:12 AM) *
I have installed blogengine under a domain name on my shared hosting package, but when I type the URL to view the blog it adds the folder where my domain is installed to the URL. Am I suppose to install it under the server URL xxxxxx.netsolhost.com and specify the folder for the domain where I want blogengine to be installed? When I installed using the domain name I wanted, the blog seems to add the folder where the shared hosting domain is installed. what am I doing wrong here. thank you

The way our system installs it, it will always be in a subfolder. If you want to use it at the root of your domain name, using the netsolhost.com/folder is the easiest way, all the links in the Open Source Library will still work when the domain name is pointed to the folder. You may have to make adjustments to the settings for Blogengine as well after you do this. I know in WordPress, there is a Blog URL and Home Page URL setting, and there is probably something similar in Blogengine.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 20th July 2017 - 05:14 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates