Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Joomla Contact Form Doesn't Work
rainrain
post Mar 19 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 16,927

Hi,

I have a contact form on my draft/test website. nsHosting shared (small UNIX).

http://0356a1e.netsolhost.com/joomla1/index.php/contact

I tried entering information and clicked "Send Email", however I have not received any emails. First time I tried this was about 4 hours ago, and still no emails. The message on the website is "Thank you for your email".

Anybody having this problem?

If you need screen shot or information, I'm willing to upload images etc.

Thanks,
rainbiru
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Mar 20 2012, 07:43 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (rainrain @ Mar 19 2012, 10:06 PM) *
Hi,

I have a contact form on my draft/test website. nsHosting shared (small UNIX).

http://0356a1e.netsolhost.com/joomla1/index.php/contact

I tried entering information and clicked "Send Email", however I have not received any emails. First time I tried this was about 4 hours ago, and still no emails. The message on the website is "Thank you for your email".

Anybody having this problem?

If you need screen shot or information, I'm willing to upload images etc.

Thanks,
rainbiru

I submitted the form and checked the box to have a copy sent to me. I received the email in the Yahoo mailbox I use for testing purposes. If you are sending to a mailbox which is not hosted on our servers, check with your email provider to see if it is being filtered.

+Quote Post
rainrain
post Mar 20 2012, 11:32 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,927

After research, it seems that the server or Network Solutions (NS) cannot take a free hosted email in:
Joomla >> Global Configuration >> Server >> Mail Settings >> From E-Mail:

Can NS lift up that restriction so I can use a free email (like gmail) for the "From E-mail" field? I created a ticket but no response.

Right now it works fine because I had to use a non-free email (paid hosted email).

Just wondering, how long does it take usually for NS Customer Service to reply a support/question ticket? It's been more than a day... and the auto-respond email said someone will get back to me within 1 business day.

Thanks.

QUOTE (Craig @ Mar 20 2012, 08:43 PM) *
I submitted the form and checked the box to have a copy sent to me. I received the email in the Yahoo mailbox I use for testing purposes. If you are sending to a mailbox which is not hosted on our servers, check with your email provider to see if it is being filtered.

+Quote Post
Craig
post Mar 20 2012, 11:35 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (rainrain @ Mar 20 2012, 11:32 PM) *
After research, it seems that the server or Network Solutions (NS) cannot take a free hosted email in:
Joomla >> Global Configuration >> Server >> Mail Settings >> From E-Mail:

Can NS lift up that restriction so I can use a free email (like gmail) for the "From E-mail" field? I created a ticket but no response.

Right now it works fine because I had to use a non-free email (paid hosted email).

Just wondering, how long does it take usually for NS Customer Service to reply a support/question ticket? It's been more than a day... and the auto-respond email said someone will get back to me within 1 business day.

Thanks.

We don't block you from using an external email for the from email. What is probably happening is that the mail is being blocked because you say it is coming from something@gmail.com but it is coming from our server. Your package includes free email addresses. you can always make a mailbox on your domain and then forward it to your Gmail address.

+Quote Post
PauloCasemiro
post Feb 24 2014, 04:11 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 22,469

QUOTE (Craig @ Mar 20 2012, 11:35 PM) *
We don't block you from using an external email for the from email. What is probably happening is that the mail is being blocked because you say it is coming from something@gmail.com but it is coming from our server. Your package includes free email addresses. you can always make a mailbox on your domain and then forward it to your Gmail address.

I have the same problem, I found no FAQ related to it and some answers in forum informed that this is related to NS policy of blocking form email submission for 4 days counting from initial subscription, but 6 day has passed. I also have submitted a support ticket and I got the typical NS annoying answer to buy extra support service to have my question answered.

I've signed-in the special USD 0.99/month offer for the Essential Web Hosting plan. I have many Joomla sites working perfectly in other web-hosting companies, all of them sending e-mails with the built-in Joomla phpMail used together with forms.

Paulo Casemiro
A voluntier webmaster of startrekkers.com.br

+Quote Post
Craig
post Feb 24 2014, 09:02 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (PauloCasemiro @ Feb 24 2014, 04:11 PM) *
I have the same problem, I found no FAQ related to it and some answers in forum informed that this is related to NS policy of blocking form email submission for 4 days counting from initial subscription, but 6 day has passed. I also have submitted a support ticket and I got the typical NS annoying answer to buy extra support service to have my question answered.

I've signed-in the special USD 0.99/month offer for the Essential Web Hosting plan. I have many Joomla sites working perfectly in other web-hosting companies, all of them sending e-mails with the built-in Joomla phpMail used together with forms.

Paulo Casemiro
A voluntier webmaster of startrekkers.com.br

I found your open ticket and will test and reply to the open ticket.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 11:25 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates