Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Magento 1.3.2.4, InnoDB detect failure
Stephanie
post Oct 9 2010, 11:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 2,286

I contacted Network Solutions because I was unable to install the latest version of Magento (1.4.x.x) and was told that 1.4.x couldn't be installed because it used InnoDB (I think that was the reason they gave) but after checking with a tech, the support person told me I could install any version below 1.4.0. So, I found and installed 1.3.2.4 and I get the same error. I really don't want to be stuck using version 1.1.3 as I feel there are security issues. Anyone know the real story as to what is the most current version that we're able to install and run on with a shared hosting service on Network Solutions? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rshinsec
post Nov 24 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4,718

QUOTE (Stephanie @ Oct 9 2010, 11:38 PM) *
I contacted Network Solutions because I was unable to install the latest version of Magento (1.4.x.x) and was told that 1.4.x couldn't be installed because it used InnoDB (I think that was the reason they gave) but after checking with a tech, the support person told me I could install any version below 1.4.0. So, I found and installed 1.3.2.4 and I get the same error. I really don't want to be stuck using version 1.1.3 as I feel there are security issues. Anyone know the real story as to what is the most current version that we're able to install and run on with a shared hosting service on Network Solutions? Thanks!

You can use any version that doesn't require InnoDB because at this point we only support MyISAM as a storage engine.

+Quote Post
ClassyDelites
post Apr 27 2011, 03:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,882

I too would like to upgrade Magento to whatever version Network Solutions will support at this time. Would prefer the latest, but any upgrade for the version installed would be nice for (as previously mentioned) better security.

Was having a problem with not being able to browse or upload photos for my products, currently re-intalling... hope that fixed it. If not, any suggestions?

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Citrus
post May 4 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,410

I am looking to upgrade from nsHosting Open Source Library version of Magento (ver. 1.5.1) to Magento 1.7. However I am coming across an error during installation in which the MySQL database does not support InnoDB. AFAIK, InnoDB is the default database engine in current MySQL, and is required by every version of Magento. Since nsHosting offers this open source web application for install, this mean that there is either a workaround or InnoDB can in fact be enabled but explicitly is not. After contacting Technical Support, I was informed I can purchase a VPS service, but why should I have to be stuck behind a paywall in order to have default Unix/Linux MySQL database support? Has anyone found a fix?

+Quote Post
Citrus
post May 4 2012, 10:08 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (rshinsec @ Nov 24 2010, 12:49 PM) *
You can use any version that doesn't require InnoDB because at this point we only support MyISAM as a storage engine.

Is there reason for the disabling of InnoDB in favor of MyISAM? InnoDB has high reliability and speeds than MyISAM and is an ACID-compliant database engine.

+Quote Post
Citrus
post May 8 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #6

Ok, I seem to have a workaround to this problem. I do not guarantee that this will get Magento to work 100%, and I take no responsibility for any damages this fix may cause.

What I did was disable the checking of the databases supported. The file containing the function is "app/code/core/Mage/Install/Model/Installer/Db.php". Line 89 checks the database engine support. My fix just comments out the IF condition as follow
CODE
            // check MyISAM support
            //  Force disable checking of database support
            /*
            if (!$resource->supportEngine()) {
                Mage::throwException(
                    Mage::helper('install')->__('Database server does not support the MyISAM storage engine.')
                );
            }
            */

I have finished installing Magento 1.7, however I am coming across an error with memory allocation.

Update, I fixed the memory allocation problem by increasing the PHP memory limit, default is 32MB, I used 64MB and is working like a charm.

+Quote Post
colorado
post Nov 21 2013, 10:07 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 21,961

QUOTE (Citrus @ May 8 2012, 02:54 PM) *
Ok, I seem to have a workaround to this problem. I do not guarantee that this will get Magento to work 100%, and I take no responsibility for any damages this fix may cause.

What I did was disable the checking of the databases supported. The file containing the function is "app/code/core/Mage/Install/Model/Installer/Db.php". Line 89 checks the database engine support. My fix just comments out the IF condition as follow
CODE
            // check MyISAM support
            //  Force disable checking of database support
            /*
            if (!$resource->supportEngine()) {
                Mage::throwException(
                    Mage::helper('install')->__('Database server does not support the MyISAM storage engine.')
                );
            }
            */

I have finished installing Magento 1.7, however I am coming across an error with memory allocation.

Update, I fixed the memory allocation problem by increasing the PHP memory limit, default is 32MB, I used 64MB and is working like a charm.

Thanks for the work around but I am seriously considering using another hosting service it is just poor service to not have an upgrade option to use InnoDB. Especially on a server that should be held to the highest standards namely a brand name such as Network Solutions you would just expect better. Bottom line bestbusinesshost.com at a fraction of the cost ofers InnoDB and not even and upgrade option it is there when you sign up. You should really be ashamed of yourselves NS.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 04:46 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates