Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rrdtool Or Similar
mucm
post Apr 11 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 20,547

Within my domain hosting, I need access to rrdtool or some similar graphing tool. Is this available with Network Solutions windows-based hosting?

There is a rrdtool windows wrapper for this called NHawk

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/28763/...oks-For-RRDtool

but it needs access to the windows rrdtool executable. Would this rrdtool executable be accessible, or could it be installed somehow, with my current hosting?

If not, would rrdtool, or something equivalent, be accessible with the unix hosting or any other hosting option?

Thanks.

Martin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Apr 14 2013, 07:00 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (mucm @ Apr 11 2013, 12:18 PM) *
Within my domain hosting, I need access to rrdtool or some similar graphing tool. Is this available with Network Solutions windows-based hosting?

There is a rrdtool windows wrapper for this called NHawk

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/28763/...oks-For-RRDtool

but it needs access to the windows rrdtool executable. Would this rrdtool executable be accessible, or could it be installed somehow, with my current hosting?

If not, would rrdtool, or something equivalent, be accessible with the unix hosting or any other hosting option?

Thanks.

Martin

This tool is not installed. You would need to find something that could be uploaded as an ASP.Net DLL for your application. Our Windows hosting only supports medium trust, and we cannot install anything that needs to be registered at the server level for an individual package for security reasons.

+Quote Post
mucm
post Apr 24 2013, 10:30 AM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 20,547

QUOTE (mucm @ Apr 11 2013, 12:18 PM) *

Thanks.

Martin

+Quote Post
Craig
post Apr 24 2013, 08:39 PM
Post #4

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

You would need to find something that does not need to be installed at the server level. If you need access to install items at the server level, you would need VPS, but we only offer Unix VPS.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 05:15 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates