Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Update Phymyadmin
gbgelman
post Feb 11 2014, 04:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 14,194

I recently installed Joomla using the NS Open Source Applications and updated it to its current version 3.2.2.

How can I update the (MySQL Database) phpMyAdmin database from version 3.3.8.1 to the newest, most current version 4.1.7?

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Feb 11 2014, 08:25 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (gbgelman @ Feb 11 2014, 04:36 PM) *
I recently installed Joomla using the NS Open Source Applications and updated it to its current version 3.2.2.

How can I update the (MySQL Database) phpMyAdmin database from version 3.3.8.1 to the newest, most current version 4.1.7?

Thank you.

You cannot update PHPMyAdmin. The MySQL version is actually 5.0.91. The MySQL version has no bearing on how it will work with your application.

+Quote Post
gbgelman
post Feb 16 2014, 12:35 AM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 14,194

QUOTE (Craig @ Feb 11 2014, 08:25 PM) *
You cannot update PHPMyAdmin. The MySQL version is actually 5.0.91. The MySQL version has no bearing on how it will work with your application.

Thank you, Craig, for your clarification.

I have an additional question I hope you can help me with:

My existing website is a folder located in my .../htdocs/... directory. The domain name points to this folder.

I am almost ready to point this domain name to my new joomla folder. The new joomla site is also a folder in my htdocs folder. I have been creating it using my 033xxxx.netsolhost.com/... address.

There are quite a number of subfolders within the joomla folder (e.g., administrator, templates, etc.) as well as a configuration.php and index.php files in the main folder itself. My question is: do I simply re-assign the domain name to the joomla folder in htdocs or point the domain name to a specific joomla subfolder or specific file?

And do I need to make any changes to the database?

Thank you,

Glenn

+Quote Post
Craig
post Feb 16 2014, 08:42 PM
Post #4

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (gbgelman @ Feb 16 2014, 12:35 AM) *
Thank you, Craig, for your clarification.

I have an additional question I hope you can help me with:

My existing website is a folder located in my .../htdocs/... directory. The domain name points to this folder.

I am almost ready to point this domain name to my new joomla folder. The new joomla site is also a folder in my htdocs folder. I have been creating it using my 033xxxx.netsolhost.com/... address.

There are quite a number of subfolders within the joomla folder (e.g., administrator, templates, etc.) as well as a configuration.php and index.php files in the main folder itself. My question is: do I simply re-assign the domain name to the joomla folder in htdocs or point the domain name to a specific joomla subfolder or specific file?

And do I need to make any changes to the database?

Thank you,

Glenn

You can only assign the domain name to a folder. The default page will display (index.php in the case of a PHP applicaiton like Joomla). You point it to the main folder where you installed Joomla.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 20th July 2017 - 05:16 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates