Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Joomla 1.7.3, Why does the library use an old version
dbarua
post Oct 23 2012, 08:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 18,972

I was wondering why the Open Source library installs joomla 1.7.3 vs some version of 2.5. My assumption is that this is a security risk or at least not the most stable version of the product. This is not supported any longer by joomla.

Are there plans to get more current?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Oct 24 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (dbarua @ Oct 23 2012, 09:38 AM) *
I was wondering why the Open Source library installs joomla 1.7.3 vs some version of 2.5. My assumption is that this is a security risk or at least not the most stable version of the product. This is not supported any longer by joomla.

Are there plans to get more current?

I do not have a timeframe for when the Joomla install in the Open Source Library will be updated. You can download Joomla 2.5 or 3.0 from joomla.org and install them manually if you wish. There is no direct upgrade path between Joomla 1.x, 2.x and 3.x.

+Quote Post
dbarua
post Oct 24 2012, 09:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,972

QUOTE (Craig @ Oct 24 2012, 08:22 PM) *
I do not have a timeframe for when the Joomla install in the Open Source Library will be updated. You can download Joomla 2.5 or 3.0 from joomla.org and install them manually if you wish. There is no direct upgrade path between Joomla 1.x, 2.x and 3.x.

I have experience upgrading joomla. I have the three ways outlined on the joomla.org website and it breaks the site that I have set up. From tech support I got a message that they don't support joomla but if I want I can pay to get support. Any other host that I have used (godaddy, verio, bluehost etc) I can do an upgrade via one of the three methods that joomla.org outlines and it works fine. What is up with that?

+Quote Post
Craig
post Oct 25 2012, 03:31 AM
Post #4

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (dbarua @ Oct 24 2012, 10:54 PM) *
I have experience upgrading joomla. I have the three ways outlined on the joomla.org website and it breaks the site that I have set up. From tech support I got a message that they don't support joomla but if I want I can pay to get support. Any other host that I have used (godaddy, verio, bluehost etc) I can do an upgrade via one of the three methods that joomla.org outlines and it works fine. What is up with that?

Without a specific error message you may be getting, I wouldn't be able to make any suggestions.

+Quote Post
Jmartz
post Nov 17 2012, 11:57 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 11,650

QUOTE (Craig @ Oct 25 2012, 04:31 AM) *
Without a specific error message you may be getting, I wouldn't be able to make any suggestions.

I am having trouble installing the latest version of 2.5 and also 3.0. Neither one will work. It either hangs and does nothing, gives me a "invalid token" error, or can not find the database even though I try using "localhost", the IP address and the alias.. none of it works, if I can even get that far, most of the time the installation just hangs.

The automatic installation works but that version is no longer supported as it's 2 full versions behind at this point...I tried doing the upgrade inside 1.7.3, and I get a 500 Internal Server Error after about 2 minutes. Then it tells me to make sure my file permissions are correct.

I would like to work with this, but can't see starting work inside a program that's extremely outdated. I would like to use 2.5 or 3.0 to start.

Help please!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 17th August 2017 - 10:17 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates