Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wordpress Can't Connect To Host
DougAinsworth
post Apr 10 2012, 11:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 13,968

So today, I log into my WordPress admin and am getting errors for all of my plugins and RSS feeds. My spam filter, Akismet, isn't working and when I try to update it, I get the error "An error occurred while updating Akismet: Download failed. couldn't connect to host." and mentions something about "Maintenance Mode". In fact, I get that error with all of my plugins. And I can't view the stats or WordPress RSS feeds. I called support and they say it was because of file permissions, which they reset. But that's clearly not the problem, aside from the fact that I constantly have to update my file permissions anymore (which is driving me batty, but that's another story.) From what I'm reading online, it seems like a firewall issue? But when I call support, they don't, like, understand my problem, so they can't help. They just apologize and say there's no problem, but there clearly is a problem. Can I get someone who is maybe completely fluent in both English and technology to fix my problem? I don't need an apology, I need my site working. I feel like the past two months, I've had nothing but problems with NetSol and I'm debating on switching our hosting elsewhere unless I can have a site that operates properly for more than a week in a row without needing database restores, FTP password updates and downtime.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Apr 11 2012, 05:15 AM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (DougAinsworth @ Apr 10 2012, 12:07 PM) *
So today, I log into my WordPress admin and am getting errors for all of my plugins and RSS feeds. My spam filter, Akismet, isn't working and when I try to update it, I get the error "An error occurred while updating Akismet: Download failed. couldn't connect to host." and mentions something about "Maintenance Mode". In fact, I get that error with all of my plugins. And I can't view the stats or WordPress RSS feeds. I called support and they say it was because of file permissions, which they reset. But that's clearly not the problem, aside from the fact that I constantly have to update my file permissions anymore (which is driving me batty, but that's another story.) From what I'm reading online, it seems like a firewall issue? But when I call support, they don't, like, understand my problem, so they can't help. They just apologize and say there's no problem, but there clearly is a problem. Can I get someone who is maybe completely fluent in both English and technology to fix my problem? I don't need an apology, I need my site working. I feel like the past two months, I've had nothing but problems with NetSol and I'm debating on switching our hosting elsewhere unless I can have a site that operates properly for more than a week in a row without needing database restores, FTP password updates and downtime.

Thanks!

I am sorry that you were experiencing issues with RSS feeds and updates in WordPress. There was an issue that was created by some maintenance that was not allowing connections to external servers. This has been corrected and WordPress should be able to get the RSS feeds and updates without issue at this time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:38 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates