Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wordpress Database Failure
gopwh2020
post Apr 4 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 20,492

I created a WP site yesterday, and everything was working great. This afternoon something happened with the database because it now states the Database status as "failed" with no options for managing it. I've tried to restore with no luck. Additionally, I tried installing a couple of new WP sites, but that has not worked either. The status on those for the last several hours has just been "installing."

Seems I'm stuck. NS says they will get around to looking at things within 24 hours. This was after telling me it was a coding issue with WP and I needed to pay for their service to fix the problem. This has to be a backend issue because there's nothing left on my side that I can do.

Any other thoughts?

Thx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Apr 7 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (gopwh2020 @ Apr 4 2013, 10:28 PM) *
I created a WP site yesterday, and everything was working great. This afternoon something happened with the database because it now states the Database status as "failed" with no options for managing it. I've tried to restore with no luck. Additionally, I tried installing a couple of new WP sites, but that has not worked either. The status on those for the last several hours has just been "installing."

Seems I'm stuck. NS says they will get around to looking at things within 24 hours. This was after telling me it was a coding issue with WP and I needed to pay for their service to fix the problem. This has to be a backend issue because there's nothing left on my side that I can do.

Any other thoughts?

Thx

I grabbed your latest ticket (1-663006402) and will send it up to resolve the issue with the stuck installs.

+Quote Post
gopwh2020
post Apr 7 2013, 09:39 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 20,492

QUOTE (Craig @ Apr 7 2013, 08:25 PM) *
I grabbed your latest ticket (1-663006402) and will send it up to resolve the issue with the stuck installs.

All I've heard for two days is that this problem is being escalated to another department. I'm less than impressed with Network Solutions and the ability to host a simple Wordpress database with any dependability. Thankfully, there's a 30 day guarantee which I'm pretty close to exercising after just a few days.

+Quote Post
Craig
post Apr 7 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #4

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (gopwh2020 @ Apr 7 2013, 10:39 PM) *
All I've heard for two days is that this problem is being escalated to another department. I'm less than impressed with Network Solutions and the ability to host a simple Wordpress database with any dependability. Thankfully, there's a 30 day guarantee which I'm pretty close to exercising after just a few days.

The ticket is currently with our Engineering team, and we have just requested an update from them.

+Quote Post
tboneva99
post Apr 8 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 20,517

QUOTE (gopwh2020 @ Apr 7 2013, 10:39 PM) *

I signed up for NS to host my wordpress blog as well. I have had a multitude of problems, only my problems have lasted the past 3 months. It started with install and has continued with constant site outages. You can tell it is a system wide problem when you call tech support and it hangs up on you or puts you to a busy signal. This has happened to me more than once. I have to check my site every day just to be sure it is up. It has gone down at least 5-6 times in the past 3 months.

Network solutions also recommended that I pay their people to fix my problems. In fact, just about every time i call they try to sell me this service.

I should have cancelled within my 30-day window. I am a fool for not doing so. By the way - its almost 2 am and I am up because my site is down, AGAIN! And again, they tried to blame it on me, saying it is my plugins fault.

Because of their claims, I hired my own tech support person who specializes in wordpress blogs to review and they say it is the host and not the plugins.

Good luck with your issue. I hope you have more success than me!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 19th August 2017 - 01:18 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates