nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wordpress Install Gives 500 Internal Server Error, Can't install Wordpress using
Linabella
post Jan 27 2015, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 23,704

I've installed Wordpress via the "add a blog" Wordpress tool in Network Solutions' account manager. When I choose "manage" the install, I get this message:

[i]Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
[/i]

I have attempted to repair the install, deleted and re-installed a new one, all to no avail. Ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jan 27 2015, 09:12 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (Linabella @ Jan 27 2015, 02:16 PM) *
I've installed Wordpress via the "add a blog" Wordpress tool in Network Solutions' account manager. When I choose "manage" the install, I get this message:

[i]Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
[/i]

I have attempted to repair the install, deleted and re-installed a new one, all to no avail. Ideas?

That is not our 500 error page. You have the WordPress set up at [yourdoman.com]/wordpress4, but your domain name is not pointed to our server.

+Quote Post
Linabella
post Jan 27 2015, 10:37 PM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 23,704

QUOTE (Craig @ Jan 27 2015, 09:12 PM) *
That is not our 500 error page. You have the WordPress set up at [yourdoman.com]/wordpress4, but your domain name is not pointed to our server.

D'oh! I set that up months ago and assumed it all went through. Apparently it did not. Thanks for solving the mystery.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 10:36 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates