Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do You Get Form Generator To Email Results
Foffey
post Aug 30 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 10,869

I created a form and I want it to notify me via email when some one fills out the form. Right now I have to click on Reports to see the info. How do I get those results emailed to me automatically? Thanks in advance for the help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richell
post Sep 20 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,345

QUOTE (Foffey @ Aug 30 2010, 07:17 PM) *
I created a form and I want it to notify me via email when some one fills out the form. Right now I have to click on Reports to see the info. How do I get those results emailed to me automatically? Thanks in advance for the help.

When editing the form within your website on the right side there are advanced options. Within the properties you can set up an email address to be notified when the form is completed. If you have an email set up please check your spam or bulk mail folders. I hope this information was helpful and I am sorry for any frustration this has caused.

Regards,

Richell

+Quote Post
cptankless
post Jun 5 2012, 05:47 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,644

I can't get that form to work on my site. I set up my email address on the form as it should be but it does not send me an email. I checked my server to see if it was being put in the spam folder but it appears as though it is not getting to my mail server at all. Good luck getting any support if you need it.

+Quote Post
DKelly
post Jul 19 2012, 11:42 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,971

QUOTE (Richell @ Sep 20 2010, 12:51 PM) *
When editing the form within your website on the right side there are advanced options. Within the properties you can set up an email address to be notified when the form is completed. If you have an email set up please check your spam or bulk mail folders. I hope this information was helpful and I am sorry for any frustration this has caused.

Regards,

Richell

Ccan you have more than 1 email address for notification and if so how do you separate (by comma or?) ?

Also - is there an autoresponder feature? From what I can tell I have to create a Thank You page and then put that URL in the options.

Thanks,

Doug

+Quote Post
Snark
post Oct 31 2014, 07:22 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 23,401

I am also interested in this feature (for documents though) and will let you know if I have any luck finding some code for it. Good luck!

+Quote Post
Snark
post Oct 31 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 23,401

QUOTE (Snark @ Oct 31 2014, 08:22 PM) *
I am also interested in this feature (for documents though) and will let you know if I have any luck finding some code for it. Good luck!

After some research I have found that Adobe.com has the tools to allow the creation of forms which can be embedded on your site that will gather data and provide email notification once "Submit" is pressed

+Quote Post
kyboy
post Nov 3 2014, 11:52 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,243

Careful using Adobe, you may get locked into a proprietary way of doing things.

Why not just use a standard HTML based form?
Here's a link with examples:
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp

Note this example uses Microsoft ASP (Active Server Pages) to drive the form.
You can use this if your NetSol hosting package is Windows based.

If your hosting package is Unix, then you probably want to use PHP, a scripting language,
like ASP is.

Having said all that, when you click the Submit button, you decide what script you want to execute,
and in that script you have code that retrieves the form values.
If the form was not filled out completely, or supplied invalid values, your submit code should
return the user back to the form with an error message.

If all the values pass muster, then your submit script would then
do the emailing. For Windows, google for cdo sendmail code for ASP.
For PHP, I don't know.

If you want to save the values from the form, you submit script could
write those values to a text file on your server, or maybe insert that into a database
on your site. You'll need to research code on how to do that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 08:44 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates