Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't Log In After Changing Password
dramsey
post Mar 7 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 16,681

A user forgot their password and requested that I change it.

I did, following the rules: 8+ characters, at least one uppercase, lowercase, number, and special character.

But no matter what password I try (and the system alerts me if the password I enter doesn't follow its guidelines), neither I nor the user can log in through the web interface. No matter what, we get the "Wrong user or password" error message.

Any ideas? I suppose I could try deleting and recreating the mail box, but it might have mail in it. God knows I can't log into it and check.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Mar 8 2013, 08:55 AM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

QUOTE (dramsey @ Mar 7 2013, 10:06 PM) *
A user forgot their password and requested that I change it.

I did, following the rules: 8+ characters, at least one uppercase, lowercase, number, and special character.

But no matter what password I try (and the system alerts me if the password I enter doesn't follow its guidelines), neither I nor the user can log in through the web interface. No matter what, we get the "Wrong user or password" error message.

Any ideas? I suppose I could try deleting and recreating the mail box, but it might have mail in it. God knows I can't log into it and check.

I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with logging into webmail. Make sure the special characters used are the ones listed. Some special characters do not work. Provisioning may take up to two hours for the new password to start working.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 06:44 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates