Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Email Fowarding
gmholler
post Feb 26 2015, 06:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 23,840

I need to send a message from my domain to 7 external accounts; I would like users to be able to send a message to a particular email address and have it received by those 7 external accounts (these are the members of my organization's BOD). I would think the place to do this would be in in the settings - "Email Settings" and then "Forward My Mail" - but that has enough space for only 5 entries. I have tried entering more than one email address per line, both with and without delimiters, and this always results in a "Please enter a valid email address" error. How can I set up email to do this? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!

Lynn.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Feb 27 2015, 09:52 AM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

QUOTE (gmholler @ Feb 26 2015, 07:20 PM) *
I need to send a message from my domain to 7 external accounts; I would like users to be able to send a message to a particular email address and have it received by those 7 external accounts (these are the members of my organization's BOD). I would think the place to do this would be in in the settings - "Email Settings" and then "Forward My Mail" - but that has enough space for only 5 entries. I have tried entering more than one email address per line, both with and without delimiters, and this always results in a "Please enter a valid email address" error. How can I set up email to do this? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!

Lynn.

Due to the limit of forwarding’s you can setup, you would need to setup custom filters to do all or some. You can setup custom filters to things like if the message is over 1 kb, that way all emails forward.

+Quote Post
gmholler
post Mar 2 2015, 08:47 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Laurie004 @ Feb 27 2015, 10:52 AM) *
Due to the limit of forwarding’s you can setup, you would need to setup custom filters to do all or some. You can setup custom filters to things like if the message is over 1 kb, that way all emails forward.

I tried custom filters - I have tried specifying the "recipient" and the "To" field in filters, but nothing happens - the message never gets sent to any of the external addresses. I have the rule enabled as well, and have a copy of the message moved to the inbox (I don't know if this is necessary), but the message only gets sent to the main inbox and not to any of the email addresses I'm forwarding to. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I need to enable on the account itself to make this work?

Thanks!

Lynn.

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Mar 2 2015, 09:13 AM
Post #4

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

QUOTE (gmholler @ Mar 2 2015, 09:47 AM) *
I tried custom filters - I have tried specifying the "recipient" and the "To" field in filters, but nothing happens - the message never gets sent to any of the external addresses. I have the rule enabled as well, and have a copy of the message moved to the inbox (I don't know if this is necessary), but the message only gets sent to the main inbox and not to any of the email addresses I'm forwarding to. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I need to enable on the account itself to make this work?

Thanks!

Lynn.

Hi Lynn,

Do not set a filter to move emails from the inbox to the inbox, that would cause a loop. Since the recipient of emails are not always in the To field, they may be in the CC or BCC field, I don't recommend using the To field as a condition. I recommend the condition I mentioned previously for any email larger than 1 kb. Set the action to forward to one address. Then set another filter with the same condition to the next address. Only use one condition and one action per filter. Do not check to stop processing more rules, you want the same email to process all the rules.

+Quote Post
gmholler
post Mar 2 2015, 02:00 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Laurie004 @ Mar 2 2015, 10:13 AM) *
Hi Lynn,

Do not set a filter to move emails from the inbox to the inbox, that would cause a loop. Since the recipient of emails are not always in the To field, they may be in the CC or BCC field, I don't recommend using the To field as a condition. I recommend the condition I mentioned previously for any email larger than 1 kb. Set the action to forward to one address. Then set another filter with the same condition to the next address. Only use one condition and one action per filter. Do not check to stop processing more rules, you want the same email to process all the rules.

I'm sorry, I have tried that and it just does not work. I have a filter set up with just the box checked for " If the message size is larger than 1kb " (I left "or 0" there, as it makes no sense in this case) and then the action "Forward the Message to" and the external address. I have another filter set up the same way, with a different external address. The message never gets forwarded. I have tried changing the order of the filters - this doesn't seem to matter as well.

Lynn.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 01:14 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates